Victra retailer Scams
Rose0607
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yesterday we went in and traded in our phones and got the new iPhones. The customer service rep lied about the Verizon promotions so that upgrading would be our best choice that is normal behavior and can be expected. But once we were finalizing our purchase she took out two screen protectors proceeded to put them on and told my husband they were "free". She said they "were included with the phones". So we didn't object to her putting them on. Then she takes out two chargers and puts them in our bag and says they are also "included with the phone". She claimed the Apple chargers "will mess up the phone" so my husband didn't object because "they were included". She asked him to sign a receipt for "taxes and activation fees" so he did. She did not give him a copy of the receipt after. She said she would "email it". We never got the receipt so we called and she finally emailed it. We were charged separately for each charger and screen protector we never asked for. She literally picked them out and put them in our bag. A total of 200 dollars. And now we are being told it's non refundable. Also while we were there the Manager took the sales associate to the back and asked her to pretend to be someone else I'm assuming a customer on the phone. She grabbed the phone gave a false name and read a birthday and address off the computer screen and handed the phone back to the manager. This was at the Victor Valley Mall location.

Re: Victra retailer Scams
eleitz5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a similarly fishy/weird experience upgrading phone at a Victra location. Look closely before you agree to anything and Verizon really needs to look into these issues.

I needed to get a hotspot and at the same time was offered a discount to upgrade to iphone 11 as well.  They convinced me to upgrade by saying that I could use my 270$ (ish?) device dollars to help fund the phone in combination with some sort of upgrade deal, and this was going to make monthly payments possible for me.  To date, almost 3 months later, the device dollar discount hasn't appeared in my account and I keep getting notifications that my device dollars are "about to expire" and that the "device dollar program is going away"......  

Victra tried the screen glass thing with me and other accessories/services as well, and I kept asking to look at the receipt on the screen to see the cost... they eventually relented and I was able to stop the outrageous upselling before my credit card got charged. I have a pdf receipt from Victra that makes no sense when you compare it to my monthly verizon bill. It kind of seems like I actually am just paying pretty much the full amount for the phone. Which is not ever something I would have done. I only signed up because as I understood it, it was a "Deal."

The agents were really really nice and I thought they were genuinely trying to help me but it feels like Victra and Verizon are using sneaky and bureaucratic measures in tandem with one another to confuse, exploit and manipulate people into upgrading phones and increasing their monthly bills - rather than actually making sure people land in a place that they can afford. In my experience so far, if you reach out, Verizon "can't help" and Victra "can't help," if you try to talk to one of them they send you to the other.

It's not a good way to do business, Verizon, hope you hear us. Maybe we should all start cutting our losses and just go to MetroPCS, it kind of seems like Verizon is too large at this point to solve the issues they create. My husband pays 30$ a month for his plan via MetroPCS and his phone seems to work just fine.

#victra #devicedollars

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have every detail before you complete an upgrade or add an additional line of service. I'm sorry to learn about a bad experience, and I'm here to help you. Tell me, did you end up completing the upgrade and adding the hotspot? We can definitely lift up the feedback that you shared with us. Please send a Private Note, and we can go from there. Thanks!  -Jordan

Adelina151
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same thing happen to me and it’s ridiculous that the company allows for them to lie just to get sales. I was told the tax for the phone as gonna be around $280 and I was like ummm ok and they took the same stuff off the shelf and told me that I would be getting these things for free. When looking at the receipt the only “taxes” that showed up equaled to about $100 so I was charged an extra $180 for something I didn’t ask for. A CUSTOMER SHOULD BE ASKED IF THEY WANT TO PURCHASE PROTECTION FOR THERE PHONE NOT FORCED TO. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If you kept the receipt, and all packaging of the items purchased you can always return it from where you purchased it from. Return policies do vary, some locations only returns within 14 days of the purchase date, and others allow up to 30 days.

*Heather

tsong1018
Enthusiast - Level 1

The problem is when 1) The sales rep threw away the boxes and cases without even asking and 2) when tried to return, they said "non-refundable."  So, they charge you extra $100 to $200 of products which didn't ask for and then they charge you for "installation service" fee of $30 for putting screen protector and the case which you didn't ask for and also see a 20watt wall charging block when new iPhone pro 14 needs 30watt wall block charger.  So, you start arguing with the "assistant manager" over the phone and when I started to heavily complain, the "assistant manager" decides to put the phone down and walk away so I ended up speaking on the phone all by myself while the "assistant manager" talks to someone else?  So, let me get this straight, Verizon allows authorized retailers such as Victra to pull a fast one on customers of whatever money that they want to and when they get caught, just walk away from customers, right?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your reply. It sounds like you visited an Authorized Retailer. These stores are not owned by Verizon, so they have different prices and policies. You can filter between Corporate Verizon stores, and Authorized Retailers here: www.vzw.com/stores/. That said, we want to make sure you're taken care of today. Please meet us in a Private Note for further support.

*Anna

0 Likes
Donnahmz
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter is in the same boat with victra/ Verizon right now. I am thoroughly disgusted as I have been a Verizon customer over 20 years. My daughter went to victra and was told she would get a loyalty deal. The deal never showed up and that was 3 months ago. Verizon and Victra both just keep telling us to wait. She went into Victra this weekend and was told by the manager that his sales rep made a mistake with the deal and there is absolutely nothing that he or Verizon can do for her. This is outright fraud!!  She would never have bought the phone at full price. What company tells you you're getting a deal, she even has the signed paperwork, and now they're saying "we made a mistake"

and there's nothing we can do?! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to learn about the issues you're having with this discount. If you have signed documentation of the promotion, then the store should have a support team that they can work with to get that applied. Do you happen to know if the manager reached out to their direct support team?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
Donnahmz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, my daughter does have the paperwork but the manager told her the employee made a mistake and they're so there's nothing he can do. He supposedly got Verizon help on the line and said they confirmed that there's nothing that can be done. She is looking at filing small claims but Verizon should stop using this company. Apparently this is their normal mode of operation.