Weak Signal and slow 4G to noG
Kentu3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a new Verizon customer having had my phone less than a week. In my single story home i have a very weak voice signal, alternating between 1 and 2 bars. On a very rare occasion I get 3 bars, also the data signal fluctuates from 4g to 1x, and very very slow. It took me 4 minutes to update a 6mb app.

Is there anything i can do to improve my situation? I will be returning the phone and canceling the contract if I cant.

Phone: Moto X (2nd gen)

Zip Code: 78219

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Weak Signal and slow 4G to noG
Snn5
Legend

You can always ask Verizon to open a network ticket.  They sometimes send local techs out to check signal at your address.  I have had several tickets open and they say they send someone out.  I have never seen them personally in my front yard or on the street.  What carrier and quality of service did you have before, and why did you leave them?  Verizon's coverage is never guaranteed, but you should have pretty good service in your zip code.  Of course, they never guarantee inside signal.  Maybe the situation can be resolved before the end of your 14 day period.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

You can always ask Verizon to open a network ticket.  They sometimes send local techs out to check signal at your address.  I have had several tickets open and they say they send someone out.  I have never seen them personally in my front yard or on the street.  What carrier and quality of service did you have before, and why did you leave them?  Verizon's coverage is never guaranteed, but you should have pretty good service in your zip code.  Of course, they never guarantee inside signal.  Maybe the situation can be resolved before the end of your 14 day period.

Kentu3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the reply, . How do i go about opening a ticket?

Thanks again.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Either call or chat online within the Contact Us tab in My Verizon.

0 Likes
Rebeca2-Marroquin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same issue everywhere I go I get super bad signal it’s always 2-4 bars even outside… sometimes I got all my bars on LTE and it will take the same time to open up an app or search something on the internet!!! I barely have 2 months with this phone career and it has been getting worst over time. I used to have metro by t-mobile and believe me they were way better than Verizon… I have the 60.00 plan and 5G but I barely see the 5G signal.

I live in Austin, Texas 78617 right next to COTA 

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have excellent service. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.*Melissa

0 Likes