What can be done about my lack of coverage and service?
ogreswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am well inside 4g coverage area and have been in the same house for over 5 years now. In that time our coverage has gone from 3 bars down to 1 bar within the last year and a half or so, and starting a couple days ago our phones think we are in roaming??

Minorly off topic is we have been lied to repeatedly at the local sales store and or corporate more than once, the largest pain being the fiasco in "renewing" my military discount I am eligible for by being a disabled vet. had it for years then we get a mail saying it needs to be renewed, go in to local store and they do the paper work, corp says they didnt get it we have to jump through a bunch more hoops its finally reinstated.

So is this crappy service and lack of coverage tho map shows us more than covered just part of what we pay over a hundred bucks a month for? No way to complain to anyone but to other people with problems? Canceling our account will be a big hurt financially up front but be a little easier on our pocketbook in the long run. (we would have to do local land line phone service which is almost as much and with no features at that, so not much easier)

Is there some way out of this as they are no longer providing the service they did when we signed up? thi site is a mess and impossible to find actual help for anything, they will sell me more stuff and give me a person even if i want to buy something. an issue tho? fergetaboutit, go cry on a forum.

Basicaly now that my crying is done, does anyone see any options that I am not? thank you for your time.

also, this says im my wife .) im not, this is Jeff. thats another area where even "my verizon" page is a mess. we both on the account but each spot canonly have one person I guess. the billing is in her name (she keeps track of the bills) the phone account is in my name so we can get my discount etc etc

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What can be done about my lack of coverage and service?
Jiminraleigh
Contributor - Level 2

If you have read your contract with Verizon, then you know that they do not guarantee coverage at any time or in any place. You are provided the 14-day trial/test period with each contract signing to ensure that you have adequate coverage. Continuing to subscribe to the service simply provides approval to them that you are satisfied with both the service and the coverage.

After reasonable attempts to get the anticipated level of service, then you really no longer have an option beyond testing other providers.

Several offer trial periods to allow you to test coverage and adequate service level. Try another to see if it is better.  You can always keep Verizon - and you can always save $$ and move to another carrier.

I am doing just that...after testing, I found better coverage, more data, and 75% lower cost without a contract.  You can do the same, if you wish!!

ogreswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply, but basically your saying, "No, I dont see any options you havnt." I appreciate the response, and the bump. I do understand what your saying about the contract also, that they dont guarantee coverage, that was meant more as what options are out there. It is well past the trial period, if any other small business pulled something like this contract or no you have options. Because they are a large corp I get to either shut up and give them my money, or leave them, and give them my money.

If anyone happens to know of any e mail address or phone numbers or anything to actually get a person, knows of some option other than the two options we have said, resaid and said again, I would like to know.

At the moment we are leaning towards the leave and give them money option instead of the shut up and keep giving them money option. So any other options would be nice. Thank you all for your time.

0 Likes
Jiminraleigh
Contributor - Level 2

Sorry for the implied "shut up and keep paying them money" statement. For

data, you can get perfect coverage via available WiFi on us smart phone.

For talk and text VZN has a device for sale that can extend you cell

phone. All 611 and ask about it. Alternately other providers provide for

talk and text via wifi. I have that one one of my lines and it is great.

You can Google it and find providers in your area. Several options for

better voice coverage just not all through Verizon.

ogreswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not mean to imply that you were saying "shut up and pay them" that is the impression I get from this companies policies. I was looking for options as far as Verizon goes. if we cant fix this we will be taking the monetary hit and canceling our contract with them, either way they win.

I was hoping to find a way to talk with a human who might be able to help with the issues, or maybe some way to get out of the contract as they do not provide me anything but a bill anymore.

I know there are many other options for providers and such out there, we recently found a way to do land line that is cheaper than local so at least we can recieve calls at the house now. that doesnt mean i want to keep paying for a cell that puts me in roam when i go home after 5 years of ok service.

0 Likes
Jiminraleigh
Contributor - Level 2

You sound very (exceptionally) reasonable...You are giving Verizon

opportunities to make it right...and I would be happy to hear that they

have done it. However, based on responses here and other places, Verizon

is not customer friendly any longer.

I will do some research and see if I can find an out for you - either WITH

verizon or without them.

Customer Service no longer has any power to assist customers beyond

listening to concerns and complaints. The power to meet contract

obligations, provide expected service, offer plans that are competitive

with other providers, etc. are all gone - so it seems.

I challenge any Verizon employee to address your concerns in a manner that

satisfies your expectations!

ogreswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

We have been with them for years, would love for them to care. but I have seen the dwindling support and the removing of power from those who use to be able to help over those years. I challenge any verizon employee to be seen even. I cant even find an e mail address or any other way to contact verizon other than to buy more from them. This is their "provided customer service" so thought I would use it as a last effort as I know of nothing else to do. I was hoping someone out there had some luck somehow and could give some advice or one of those employees I have seen on here rarely in the past might be able to help or something.

I basically came here  assuming I was going to just have to cancel our account as the early cancel fees would be cheaper than continuing to pay for nothing till contracts up. buying their booster the store tried to sell us would probably solve the problem and may be cheaper in the long run but I am also tired of the "give us money while we do less" crap going on with this company. 5 years ago we had fine enough service in my house, we have watched it fade over the years (even tho they say they are putting up better faster service in the area) until we had to go outside to keep our calls connected to now, we are put in roaming while at home. I shouldnt have to keep paying more to keep my service I originaly paid for in my opinion.

I thank you for any help you can find and your continued responses on this thread. But this is also not your responsibility. I am thankfull for anything you can find tho. I am also doing my research into who all I can complain to, not that that will help either, but it might keep one more person from them and much like here it is probably only good for venting. nothing will come of it, but it least it wont stay pent up inside.

fireman0321
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon tech support direct line 866-221-4096

SoveryFedUp
Enthusiast - Level 1

WOW, we could be the same person!!  I've been with this company for TEN years.  Paid my bill every month.  Suddenly, one day my coverage stops.  Can't hear anyone from my phone anywhere near my house (or most other places).  When I try to get help, the company just basically wastes my time for months and said "oh, well...you're in a contract!"  Really??  So I'm completely screwed, losing customers, can't talk to anyone for any reason, had to run up and down the street to call 911 the other day.....and the only concern they have is that they have me screwed for another six months.  I tell everyone I can possibly tell to STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!  If you are browsing companies to see which one to pick, PICK A DIFFERENT ONE!!!  I can't wait until I never have to give them another dime that they don't deserve.  What a bunch of freaking thieves!!!!!  I sincerely hope their lack of care for customers catches up with them and they are bankrupted some day.

In the meantime, I would suggest each of us do what I do.  Every chance I get, I go to a store and LOUDLY explain how long I've been going through this, and how LITTLE they have cared.  I actively talk to each person waiting in line to see if I can catch anyone who is not already a victim, and encourage them to RUN! And never waste a dime with them.

0 Likes
ogreswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you fireman! where were you able to find the number? I have been all over the site, wouldnt surprise me if i missed it there somewhere tho.

Here is hoping I can get some actual help and not just "pull your battery and restart" etc

0 Likes