What will happen to my bonus data if I change plans?
Chefbryan

If I change my data plan will I loose my bonus data from my 2 new lines I added.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What will happen to my bonus data if I change plans?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chefbryan, that's an excellent question.  If you're currently on the MORE Everything plan and change to The Verizon Plan you will lose any promotional data that's on your account. However, if you're simply increasing or decreasing your data allowance, the bonus data will remain on your account until it expires. Is this the informaiton you were looking for?

DeannaL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Lbruno
Enthusiast - Level 2

I talked to a representative in a local store when I inquired about increasing the data on my plan for the 2 months during the summer when my daughter is home from college to prevent us from going over our current data. I was told that I could increase my plan which is currently 18gb with an additional 6 gb of bonus data but when I decreased it back after the 2 month summer, I would lose my bonus data even if I went back to my original plan of 18gb. I switched to Verizon in January and have not been very happy with the customer service I have received since the very beginning!

dealmein
Contributor - Level 1

If you are on a new plan (The Verizon Plan) and share 12GB or more of data, then you keep the bonus data.  If you increase your data above 12GB, you keep the bonus data.  If you decrease your data below 12GB, you lose the bonus data.

0 Likes
dealmein
Contributor - Level 1

As long as you continue to pay for the Verizon XL plan (12GB) or higher, you can keep your bonus data.  So upping your data to the XXL plan (18GB) is fine as is decreasing it down to the XL plan (12GB).

If you go down to the L plan (6GB) or lower, you will lose your bonus data.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Or you could just pay $5 a month for Family Base and limit her usage to prevent overages.

Honestly, if she can control her usage at college she can certainly do the same when not at college. It is all the same principle.

0 Likes
dealmein
Contributor - Level 1

Most colleges have campus-wide free WiFi for students/staff/faculty so you never have to use any data while on campus.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I realize that. If she is used to looking for a wifi connection and knows what can use data, at college age or older, being away from college should not change her data habits.

0 Likes
Lbruno
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter lives in an apartment when she is away at college and they have free wifi so she never has to be concerned with how much data she is using. It is only when she comes home for extended periods of time that we have problems with overage.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like she doesn't care to try to manage her usage then.

The point I am trying to make is that WiFi is everywhere and if you are not connected to WiFi and don't have the data to cover your usage then you should not be streaming videos and music and learn how to download while on WiFi for off-line listening. I listen to a 2 hour internet radio show every day. I don't use any data to do so because I download it when I am on WiFi and then play it.

0 Likes