When certain landlines call my cell it is greeted with "The number you are trying to reach is not in service", message, help! Has this happened to anyone?
JB1976

When certain landlines call my cell it is greeted with "The number you are trying to reach is not in service", message, help! Has this happened to anyone? I've called customer service and they keep telling me they see nothing wrong with the network

]

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When certain landlines call my cell it is greeted with "The number you are trying to reach is not in service", message, help! Has this happened to anyone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JB1976, This sounds like a case of the contact block perhaps. Can you check the persons contact information that is on your phone and see if you have them set to a decline call or blocked call by chance. Sometimes we inadvertently add people to the blocked caller list without realizing it. Also, do you have call forwarding on? Do you use the do not disturb feature? Any of these user settings may be the culprit. Are you traveling outside the country? Lets dig in and see.
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: When certain landlines call my cell it is greeted with "The number you are trying to reach is not in service", message, help! Has this happened to anyone?
JB1976

This is a new phone and new number for me. I've already checked block lists and that number is not on there

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JB1976, we appreciate the extra steps you have taken to help us. Let's keep working on this. You said it is certain landline numbers. Is it one number in particular? Or a few different numbers? Is it the same person who is dialing your number? Are they adding a 1 in front of the number?

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JB1976

One landline in particular. That I know of We have tried with and without the one.

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

If it's the one landline in particular having an issue reaching you, but everyone else is able, there is a large possibility the issue is on the landline's side of the transaction.  If that's the case, the landline customer would have to contact their provider to report the issue.

0 Likes