When will 4G LTE service be available in Prudhoe Bay (99734)?
cstewie84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I work in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska (99734) six months out of the year.  As of yet,  I only have 3G service through Verizon.  Alaska Communication and AT&T both provide 4G LTE Service for their customers in Prudhoe Bay.  When will Verizon establish 4G LTE Service here?

Labels (1)
Re: When will 4G LTE service be available in Prudhoe Bay (99734)?
Cheesedictator
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to know the answer to this as well. I live half my life in prudhoe bay and have been searching for the answer to this question for some time now and so far have gotten nothing but "check the verizon forums", well the forums are nothing but unanswered questions. My 2 year contract with Verizon is up and I'm considering switching to a company who provides 4g in prudhoe bay unless I can get some kind of answer from Verizon about when they will be kicking off 4g there. I know there is someone who works for verizon who knows something about this, throw us a bone verizon please!

0 Likes
AKNUSKIN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Service on the north slope of Alaska (aka Prudhoe bay ak, aka deadhorse ak) if minimal at best.  We have well over 6000 + employees across the slope from alpine to endicott and almost everyone has a cell phone.  If Verizon would work to improve the service in this area that would get carried back to employees homes across the nation due to employees are rotational workers and do go back to their home state regularly.

When I talk to agent there is always promises of improvement in service but unfortunately so far it has not happened.   Please take some time to look into this and look at options for remote working customers. 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes