Where can I make a formal complaint?
Haydenly16

I’d like to e-mail Verizon directly because the experience I had was absolutely appalling. However, I haven’t been able to find someway to contact them that didn’t require more time on the phone with someone who isn’t even responsible for this! My family has been Verizon customers for over 20 years and I have never had a problem. But this is ridiculous! 

I had a phone line disconnected after my little brother died. I sent the phone back within the 30 day time period and was told that i wouldn't get any charges from it. My account was charged 708 dollars anyway. I talked to three different people who all told me, in one way or another, that it would sort it's self out eventually and the charge would come off my account. Less than a month later, I received things telling me that my service was going to be disconnected because I hadn't paid my bill. I called again. Talked to three different people on that call. The last one told me that a order was sent in for my account to be reviewed and that it would be fixed within a couple of days. Today, I received a text message saying that if I didn't pay my account within 24 hours, my phone would be disconnected. So I called someone again. The amount of stress and grief I have gotten over canceling a phone line because my little brother DIED is absolutely ludicrous. I am absolutely livid with Verizon. This is not okay and I am not happy. Thankfully, the SEVENTH person I talked to was able to help me, hopefully. This is absolutely unacceptable and Verizon needs to get their life together. Grieving my little brother and best friend was ENOUGH, I didn't need to go through this too. Absolutely not okay. 

0 Likes
Re: Where can I make a formal complaint?
deloused
Master - Level 3

You can write to Verizon via snail mail, not email. But there's a 14 day return policy with every sale, not 30 so that's probably the crux of your issue

0 Likes
Haydenly16

It wasn’t a sale return, it was a return after a death. They told me I had 30 days to return the phone, so that’s the time frame I used. With several days to spare. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please send our deepest condolences to you and your family for your loss, Haydenly16. I just sent you a private message so we can further assist. 

AnthonyC_VZW 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see. Thank you for clearing this up for us, and no worries. We will help you figure this out. We want to make sure that we are on the same page. Where exactly were you told this information?DavidR_VZW

0 Likes