While calling through my network extender, I can hear the caller, but they can't hear me.
skcrawford1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Our house is connected to the Verizon network through a Samsung 4G LTE Network Extender 2. It is connected through a wired  connection to Arris Surfboard  G34 modem/router to Xfinity. Some times, when any of the phones inside our extender sends or receives a call, we can hear the incoming caller, but they cannot hear us. If we make a call to another phone inside our extender, neither can hear the other.

When this happened earlier this evening, I powered the extender down for 60 seconds then powered it back up. Once it had rebooted, calls worked as usual.  At 19:30, the calls had the same issue again.

Could there be a setting in our modem/router causing this issue? This is a new unit and we didn't have this issue previous to its being installed. I have been looking through all of its settings and can't find anything causing this issue.

I had two Verizon techs "help" yesterday, but they didn't solve anything. They even had me do two factory resets of the extender and a 10 second power cycle. All of those ended up with VERY long waits with no connection to the GPS.

I remotely restarted the extender. Once it came fully online, calls worked normally.

Re: While calling through my network extender, I can hear the caller, but they can't hear me.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there! We are always happy to trouble shoot your concerns. We would need you to reach out via a PM or DM in order to access the account. You can also try using the phones Wi-Fi calling as this feature is the same as being on the extender.

*Heather

0 Likes
Re: While calling through my network extender, I can hear the caller, but they can't hear me.
daveblademan
Enthusiast - Level 2

HI VZN folks - I have exactly the same problem - the Extender shows active (Blue Light) - I sometimes have to restart the iPhone to get something to work. Wifi Calling is active but doesn't always connect - would love to get this fixed - I'm the only one in the house on VZ, the rest are T-Mobile and don't need an extender in our area..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of being able to properly use your device in your home without having to deal with such a hassle, and will be happy to troubleshoot your Network Extender with you. Please join us in a Private Note, so we may better address your concerns.*Izzy

0 Likes
daveblademan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Izzy - now if you can just tell me how to contact you that would be awesome - you can probably PN me better by looking up my username 😉 thanks 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

@daveblademan 

To Private Message the agents, click on the username and then click send message. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 10.08.57 AM.png

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Daveblademan, so we can continue we are going to send you a private note here so we can help you further with any inconvenience you may have. 

>Luis

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your service is working as it should. Please send a Private Message for assistance. *Michelle

0 Likes
Hatfielddj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same issue. Orbi Mesh network set up with a VZW LTE extender. When receiving calls, if my phone is connected to Wifi, then the caller can’t hear me but I can hear them. When I disconnect from wifi and wait about 10-20 seconds then it starts working. Please advise.  -Dan

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Hatfielddj wrote:

I’m having the same issue. Orbi Mesh network set up with a VZW LTE extender. When receiving calls, if my phone is connected to Wifi, then the caller can’t hear me but I can hear them. When I disconnect from wifi and wait about 10-20 seconds then it starts working. Please advise.  -Dan

Do you have 'WiFi Calling' enabled?  What make/model phone do you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes