Why Is The Unlimited Data Plan Not As It's Advertised?
KrazyDawg

It looks like Verizon is trying to plan a bait and switch. The price is not as advertised. First it lists the unlimited data plan as 2 lines for $70/line which would be $140. On a different area of the website and when I attempt to switch my plan it shows the monthly account access fee as $110 and adds on two $40 line access fees for my smartphones. My new total would end up being $190/mo without the employee discount. On my 12GB plan the total is $160/mo before discount and $148/mo after discount.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlimited Data plan price not as advertised
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

The $40 line access fee applies to lines that were upgraded under a 2 year contract.  After the contracts expire the line access fee is reduced to $20.  When you purchase a phone on a 2 year contract you add $480 to your service cost during the 2 year contract.

The new Verizon Plan FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Why do some smartphones have different monthly line access charges on the new Verizon Plan?  

Monthly line access charges for smartphones on the new Verizon Plan differ based on if you received a 2-year contract discount on the phone when you bought it:

• If you purchased the phone at a discounted price and signed a 2-year contract, the monthly line access charge is $40 until the device contract expires
  • All phones not on a 2-year contract (e.g., purchased through device payment, bought at full price, etc.) have a monthly line access charge of $20

You can switch to the new Verizon Plan anytime, but the monthly line access charges for all devices on 2-year contracts will remain at $40 until each device contract expires. Once each device contract expires, the monthly line access charge will automatically drop to $20.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

The $40 line access fee applies to lines that were upgraded under a 2 year contract.  After the contracts expire the line access fee is reduced to $20.  When you purchase a phone on a 2 year contract you add $480 to your service cost during the 2 year contract.

The new Verizon Plan FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Why do some smartphones have different monthly line access charges on the new Verizon Plan?  

Monthly line access charges for smartphones on the new Verizon Plan differ based on if you received a 2-year contract discount on the phone when you bought it:

• If you purchased the phone at a discounted price and signed a 2-year contract, the monthly line access charge is $40 until the device contract expires
  • All phones not on a 2-year contract (e.g., purchased through device payment, bought at full price, etc.) have a monthly line access charge of $20

You can switch to the new Verizon Plan anytime, but the monthly line access charges for all devices on 2-year contracts will remain at $40 until each device contract expires. Once each device contract expires, the monthly line access charge will automatically drop to $20.

0 Likes
KrazyDawg

On another site, I read that military and veteran discount still apply to the unlimited data plan. How do I switch over my employee discount to my veteran discount?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Employee Military Discounts Validation FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes