Re: About the Cloud...
GHFrider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, Peter.

I can view what is on the server, but of course there's the big gap during the time when it wasn't backing up because it was at 80%.  I tried a new backup forgetting, of course, that the phone is only a week old so there was nothing new on it to back up.  Duh.  At least I didn't get the "backup stalled" message.  LOLOL  The SIM card I'm using is possibly the one from two replacement phones ago.  It doesn't appear to be the original from my broken phone or it would have all the contacts and the like on it, right?  I would have sworn that was the card I saved, but at this point, one week and four phones into the game, I'm not sure any longer.  I've never tried the SIM card removal and reconnection with the Casio only because I'm afraid to screw with that phone for fear of losing the one phone I own that never fails me.  Naturally it doesn't have the same info on it that the Droid SIM had. 

Still I have to say all of this is  more functional than the original Backup Assistant that was in play when I had my flip Casio.  All the backing up in the world on that one was useless because no other unit would download the info.  Or the Palms that lived in their own world.  Or...whatever happened to call and SMS logs on the website?  I miss being able to just look at my log online and find any contacts I might have lost along the way.

Have a nice weekend.

J

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GHFrider,

Thanks for the follow up response! To address your concern, the SIM card used on each device does not store personal information, but is available to provide 4G service to your device. The SIM card would not be storing any contacts or personal information.

The SD/Memory card however would have the capability to do so. With that being said, if needed you are welcome to remove the SIM card from the device and replace it if needed if you are experiencing any issues with your service/Cloud.

In addition, as long as you registered as the account owner/manager online you have the ability to review your call and message log online. With the call log details, the contacts will be viewable.

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
GHFrider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Efrain, thank you!  Y'know, that's what I thought the SIM card did until I talked to one of 9 techs while I waited for  working replacement phone.  She told me the SIM card served as an SD card in phones that don't accommodate SD cards (like the Ultra).  *sigh*

Now I'm off to find where on the website I can view my SMS log and find my missing contacts! 

0 Likes
GHFrider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay....I give up.  Where on the site are my logs?  I just spent 20 minutes wandering, searching, and clicking on likely areas, only to come up with nothing but my usage data showing only my own phone number, and only recent calls. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey GHFrider,

Don't fret. I can help you find those logs. The first thing you are going to want to do is log into My Verizon as the account owner. The next thing you are going to want to do is click where is says "View Usage" under where it says "Manage My Account". From there select the "Messages" if you are wanting to view your text message log and select the line you want to view the usage for. It will then show the log for the text messages for the desired line. It even gives you the option to download it to a spreadsheet. Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

NicholasB_VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello GHFrider!

I'm not giving up! When searching for the messaging logs on your account. Have you chosen the correct mobile number? When logging in to My Verizon, does it tell you that you are the Account Holder? You do have to be listed as the Account Holder in order to see the usage for any line but your own. Please keep us posted, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

jbmcdroid
Contributor - Level 1

SuzyQ, can you jump back into this discussion? I'm quite impressed with your responses and you would be a big help in pulling this discussion out of the black hole that it's fallen into. You have 45 seconds in which to accept this assignment; afterwhich this discussion thread will.... Time's up.

0 Likes
GHFrider
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, ChristinaB and NicholasB.

Yes on all counts.  I found the log for the past 30 days already, but I can't find anything beyond that.  Is that all I can access?  As it happens, the most important number I was looking for was there (YAY!), but for future reference, I would like some more specifics. 

You've all been amazingly helpful!  I'm glad I posted the question. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can access the past three months' worth of data/text logs and the past 18 months' worth of call logs via your on-line MyVerizon account by looking at past bills, i.e.,

GHFrider
Enthusiast - Level 2

OMG!  Tikibar1, I don't know why I didn't think of that.  LOL  Good grief!  I'm really starting to feel dumb here.  Thank you for your response.  That  puts it all together for me.

J

0 Likes