Why can't I get on the edge plan?
sin502

Just had a terrible interaction with customer service about the edge program. My line is eligible for an upgrade and I did some research and decided that the edge plan sounded like a good idea. I called Verizon to get it set up. They go through the whole process and then tell me that I'm not eligible because 5 months ago me and my wife had a case of "I though you took care of that" and the line was suspended. I said ok well I understand that but it was 5 months ago I've had a pricey family plan  and data plans for most of it and I was told that nothing could be done. This was only after hours of being on the phone and everyone I spoke to telling me that I should be eligible and they didn't understand why they could not override the system. Even though since the bill is already paid for the billing cycle that it would be impossible for it to happen for month six.  Its just sad that the customer service as gotten so bad that they are willing to let a long time customer walk away. I could walk right into a ATT or Tmobile store and walk out with their version of edge and the phone I wanted. Any one else have a terrible experience with edge or the treatment of loyal customers

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Canceling service after 10 years
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Edge plan is really a payment plan for purchasing new devices at the full retail price. Verizon Wireless put some conditions on it to ensure the customers using it are credit worthy. If your account activity suggests you you are not eligible then you have wait until you are or purchase the phone under the regular two year contract subsidized pricing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Edge plan is really a payment plan for purchasing new devices at the full retail price. Verizon Wireless put some conditions on it to ensure the customers using it are credit worthy. If your account activity suggests you you are not eligible then you have wait until you are or purchase the phone under the regular two year contract subsidized pricing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

sin502 wrote:

I could walk right into a ATT or Tmobile store and walk out with their version of edge and the phone I wanted.

Unfortunately, you wouldn't know that until you tried. Verizon may have reported your late payment to credit reporting bureaus in which case you MAY be required to post a deposit if you chose to switch carriers. You may not even be eligible for the "Next" plan because of it.

Simply wait the extra month before upgrading, or go with another provider and take your chances.

Who is eligible for Verizon Edge?

To be eligible for Verizon Edge, your phone must be eligible for an upgrade and:

• Existing customers of 7+ months must have the last 6 months of good payment history with us.
  • New and existing customers of 6 months or less must pass a credit check.
0 Likes