Why do they have to deceive?
ksmith06

I have been on a family plan since 1998 with Verizon wireless.  Last year I knocked 2 phones off our plan because my husband and I moved to an area where we no longer needed a cell phone. My son kept his, so we still had an active account. I supsended the other 2 numbers and our bill was cheaper. Great. Recently I needed to add a line back, and specifically asked how much, and I mean to the last cent how much it would cost to add a line back. I was told the activation fee was 25 dollars.  I got my new number activated the phone and got a whopping bill that went from 54.00 to 182.00 dollars.  I called them and asked what the extra charge was all about.

I was told that the other phones were supsended due to theft. Not the case. I live in an area where Verizon had no towers so instead of paying for 2 phones that were rendered useless, I supsended them due to lack of service in the area, not theft. Whatever the problem was, they had that dropped off my account. Small victory. My new number was only supposed to cost me 25 dollars to activate. So I am passed to 5 different reps and was told a different story every time. I was told that because I changed my plan in the middle of the cycle, that they had to charge me 100 dollars to pro-rate it back to the cycle date.  Right. I am being charged a flat fee for a family plan with 700 mintues that I hadn't even used , yet they go back and charge to a date when  my new phone didn't even exist. I asked for an explanation of how that just works.  I was told, we are sorry for the inconvience, I don't know why the representative told you it would only be 25 dollars, but the charges are justified and you have to pay the 182.00.

I feel very deceived by such a practice. I asked and asked how much it would cost me to activate my new number when I started out on this mission of getting it done, and was told 25.00.  Somehow  no one at Verizon Wireless can come up with a really good reason why it went from 25.00 to 182.00. It is paid, but I feel like I was lied to just to get more business.  I don't know why they feel they had to do that since where I live, Verizon took over Altell and has the monopoly on the towers here now.  I still feel sick about it. The middle of the cycle pro -rate explanation is just garbage to me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do they have to deceive?
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

I would like to look at your account and help where/if I can.  I am emailing you to secure your Account Number...

0 Likes
cycledude

James were u able to get the money refunded ?

0 Likes
arichard21

ksmith06 wrote:

I have been on a family plan since 1998 with Verizon wireless.  Last year I knocked 2 phones off our plan because my husband and I moved to an area where we no longer needed a cell phone. My son kept his, so we still had an active account. I supsended the other 2 numbers and our bill was cheaper. Great. Recently I needed to add a line back, and specifically asked how much, and I mean to the last cent how much it would cost to add a line back. I was told the activation fee was 25 dollars.  I got my new number activated the phone and got a whopping bill that went from 54.00 to 182.00 dollars.  I called them and asked what the extra charge was all about.

I was told that the other phones were supsended due to theft. Not the case. I live in an area where Verizon had no towers so instead of paying for 2 phones that were rendered useless, I supsended them due to lack of service in the area, not theft. Whatever the problem was, they had that dropped off my account. Small victory. My new number was only supposed to cost me 25 dollars to activate. So I am passed to 5 different reps and was told a different story every time. I was told that because I changed my plan in the middle of the cycle, that they had to charge me 100 dollars to pro-rate it back to the cycle date.  Right. I am being charged a flat fee for a family plan with 700 mintues that I hadn't even used , yet they go back and charge to a date when  my new phone didn't even exist. I asked for an explanation of how that just works.  I was told, we are sorry for the inconvience, I don't know why the representative told you it would only be 25 dollars, but the charges are justified and you have to pay the 182.00.

I feel very deceived by such a practice. I asked and asked how much it would cost me to activate my new number when I started out on this mission of getting it done, and was told 25.00.  Somehow  no one at Verizon Wireless can come up with a really good reason why it went from 25.00 to 182.00. It is paid, but I feel like I was lied to just to get more business.  I don't know why they feel they had to do that since where I live, Verizon took over Altell and has the monopoly on the towers here now.  I still feel sick about it. The middle of the cycle pro -rate explanation is just garbage to me.

sounds like you misunderstood. yes, they only charged $25 to ACTIVATE the line. but when you got your next bill, it had a prorated amount from the time you activated through the end of the bill cycle, PLUS the next months bill. they bill a month in advance, so on dec 1st you are paying for dec 1 to jan 1. if you signed up on nov 15th, you are paying nov 15 - jan 1.

0 Likes