Re: Why does my service terrible all of a sudden
Okimomo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Been talking to Verizon about their slow spotty internet. They said it's because of tower work and estimated a month. It's been 9 now.... getting less than 2mbs down a mile from one of their retail stores. Doing speed tests multiple locations and at different times. I live in a pretty densely populated area too. I have swapped my phone 3 times. Restored to factory settings and set up as new. Happening on iPhone X, iPhone 11 Pro Max, and Galaxy S10. 

A9869B67-C3C1-4366-B673-B1FF45B33282.png

BF251C32-EF75-434E-A1BF-D89EE4BD85E6.png

8064B4BA-5178-4732-BDB6-6E2E46905FF5.png

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you using our community member forum, Okimomo. We know getting the best possible performance out of your phone is important, and we're certainly here to help. In looking at your screenshots, it looks like two of them were done on 3G connections. Do you regulary come into areas that you have 3G for your signal type? EricW_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Why is my service terrible all of a sudden
BREMAU33
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy J3 V Smart Phone about 4 years ago and have never had an issue with calls! Until the beginning of November, 2019 through today!  I get a call from my sister and all she said was "you're breaking-up, I can't here you, etc.” So, I called her back and had the same issue. What's weird is I can hear them clearly, absolutely no problems on my end just the callers end!!!  I called Verizon Support and went through everything he could think to do. For the next hour I could make calls without incident and then it went right back to the same problem. I am at a loss as to what to do from here other than Upgrade, which is what Verizon suggested. I'm paying for a service I'm currently not receiving! Please advice.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to hear this BREMAU33. Our goal is that your service is always stellar. Do you know other Verizon users near you with this issue? Is this happening everywhere?

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
TxTurtleMom
Enthusiast - Level 1

Service in my area has been horrible for about a year.  I have friends who have commented on it on Facebook.  The issue is inside and out.  Calls drop all the time, messages rave trouble sending, people cannot hear or understand me, and data is frustrating!!  My zip is 75662 and I am on an iPhoneX.  I spoke with a rep who admitted there was a change in our area and he would send an antennae to improve my signal and reception.  Howeve, I am on HughesNet so it won't work.  Besides the fact that I am paying for cellular service from Verizon and have been for 13+/- years.  I am suspicious that the issues everyone is having came about when Verizon started talking about upgrading to 5G.  I think they messed up the whole system with the change as I have family in a while different area who are having issues as well.  All of us are within a mile, give or take, of Verizon towers.  I think it sorry if a company to make changes like this with no consideration for longtime customers or warning for them.  They won't start caring till people start dropping them for other more reliable providers.

Stafford2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same in my area only been happening for 2 years off and on with only excuses from verizon. Finally after 70 minutes on phone I was told we live in a marginal area. Meaning what ? That their service terrible and they aren’t going to do anything about it. Basically the problem is they don’t seem to have enough towers in my area to handle the exploding growth in our area. When we first got verizon we had strong signal never a problem we haven’t moved but our service is basically non existent during the daylight hours when people are awake. Why did it take verizon this long to tell me my service is not going to get better? Every time I call they want me to buy new phone or up to unlimited plan when I can’t even get online unless I go out of my neighborhood. I think if your going to get marginal service you should have a marginal bill.

Seckatz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing has happened to myself on coworkers in 90710. This bad service started after the new year. If something doesn't change we are all considering changing service. ATT ,T Mobile are all working fine.