Re: Why is Verizon service suddenly so bad?
Xenu1217
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wouldn't count on it.  They are falsely adding items to their notes attached to your account.  For the past 3 years I have been having an ongoing battle with them telling me one thing and the opposite happens.  They attached a date to the notes on my account for when a credit will appear.  Even though the supposed recorded phone calls say other wise.  So they pushed my credit back a month.  I just know it will not show and someone new will ad another false note.  They have no customer service now at all.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand the importance of your service working the way it used to, and we can certainly try to assist.

In order to use a Network Extender you would need to have an internet connection from a broadband or cable company that meets some minimum requirements you can find that information here:

https://www.verizon.com/support/4g-lte-network-extender-faqs/ under #5

"The 4G LTE Network Extender works with connections that provide a minimum broadband speed of 10 Mbps downlink and 5 Mbps uplink. However, a broadband connection of 20 Mbps downlink or 10 Mbps uplink or higher is recommended"

Does the local service provider have these speeds? Do you also experience service issues with Wi-Fi Calling?

*Gert

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's important to have the best service available to you, WhyBADservice. We want to get to the bottom of this. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?*Rebecca

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Whoa this is the last thing we want to hear. We are always here to help out our customers as much as we can. Is there something that needs to be look into? Please tell me more. -Amber

0 Likes
Toovee23
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem in Oregon.  Verizon service in my town city limits has been terrible for almost the past year. Especially on the weekends.
Outside of city limits it’s fine.  It seems very intentional. Like they throttle the data in the city. I can’t even listen to music anymore while driving in town. 
This is making me consider finding a diff service provider and dropping Verizon. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Toovee23, I rely on my phone for many tasks, so I know how urgent a resolution is to keep you connected with Verizon. We are here to work toward a resolution. How are other services, such as calls and text working? Are the problems indoors or outdoors? 

-David

0 Likes
dtcoffman
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Jrik

We are experiencing the same problem.

I ended up demanding an extender! I went through 3 representatives that all told me that I should look for alternative coverage, and finally got a person that understood business and agreed to send an extender. I received it yesterday and set it up. Our coverage went from 1 bar to 4! Now I have to wish for the coverage outside of out house to at least go back to what it was a year ago.

AlMud
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do get resolution to poor service.  Called numerous times.  Four phones with service vacillating from two bar to no service.  Is AT&T a better option?  Been a customer since 1998 and never had such terrible service.  The only solution was to send me a SIM which of course did not work.  Rep did not understand that four mobiles were experiencing poor service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your time and know how important it is to have access to your services. Let's work together and make sure you can stay connected. Can you tell us more about the issues that you are having? Is this impacting all your services? ~Gina

0 Likes
DHMCO
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same for me - Verizon service is bordering awful for me for 3 years now pretty much everywhere.   1-2 bars, horrible data delivery, - why am I paying so much for less quality than 4 years ago?????