Why is data boost so expensive?
Anthimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why does it cost more to use data boost than to buy a second plan? My plan costs around $2 per gigabyte, but a data boost cost around $6.5 per gigabyte. My plan for reference is the $65 15GB prepaid plan but I got in on a double your data promotion so I get 30GB/ $65. Even if I didn't get the double data promo it would still be around $2.50/GB more expensive to use data boost. 

Crazy thing is, I'd save money each month if I bought a second or even third jetpack and got a completely separate plan/s for it/them rather than paying for data boost. This seems really wasteful, but I'm not sure what else to do since my data needs are around 100GB of jetpack use per month. 

I work remotely mostly in rural areas and having a connection is necessary for my livelihood. Please tell me if there is a more elegant solution. 

*Suggestion - Price data boost to match the per GB price of the plan. Happy to data boost multiple times over if the price would match what I pay for the plan (~$2/GB in this case). Even better yet, bring back Unlimited Data plans or larger data plans for jetpacks. 

Thanks!

Matt

Re: Why is data boost so expensive?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Anthimus. If you're needing more data overall each billing cycle, the savings would most certainly benefit you to switch to a higher plan rather than paying a data boost each month. If you know your regular monthly usage, you can factor what Prepaid plans we have available and make the choice that best suits your needs. Here is a link with all of our Prepaid Plans and what each one can offer to you: https://www.verizon.com/prepaid/

For any other questions regarding your Prepaid plan, please contact our Customer Support Prepaid team at 888-294-6804. TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
Anthimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Taylor,

Could you be more specific? Which plan are you referring to? I already have the 30GB Jetpack plan which to my knowledge is the largest one.

Thanks!

Matt

Anthimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still looking for a response to my last here. 

Thanks,

Matt

Anthimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still awaiting a response. Thanks.

Anthimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey, this question remains without an answer. Can someone please ready my question through and give me an answer. I'm already on the largest plan that I'm aware of. Really could use an answer here. 

Anthimus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still awaiting an answer. I spoke with customer care before ever writing up this post, so if the reason I'm not getting a reply is because I was referred back to customer care that's already been done. Please reply to most post either with a solution or if Verizon does not offer one, at least confirm it.

Thanks.