Why is my plan being taken away?
MARTOR89
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon recently sent me a letter indicating they will no longer offer my "grandfathered" unlimited plan that I have had for years.

Seems unfair. The letter gave me a deadline to choose another plan or they will disconnect service. Unbelievable! Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any recourse, like letting me out of any contracts so I can go to another provider? The only reason I continue to pay these high bills are for the unlimited data. I can easily go to another provider and pay way less. Come on Verizon, not cool!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are considered an excessive user (average more than 100 GB per month), then Verizon has the right to require you to switch to the tiered plans or cancel the line per their fair use clause in the customer agreement.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

MARTOR89 wrote:

... Is there any recourse, like letting me out of any contracts so I can go to another provider?

If you still have the unlimited data plan, then you have no contractual obligations.  You may have a device payment plan, and moving to another provider and cancelling service would mean you would owe the balance due on the phone.  In any case, the phone is yours to keep and take to another provider.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Not sure why it seems unfair. You and Verizon have the right to cancel at anytime. Verizon has decided to do that.

How much data do you use in a month. What is your maximum? Most of the cancellations are geared toward extreme high usage accounts and using the unlimited data in hotspots

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are considered an excessive user (average more than 100 GB per month), then Verizon has the right to require you to switch to the tiered plans or cancel the line per their fair use clause in the customer agreement.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kaleadean
Enthusiast - Level 3

MARTOR89,

I SHARE YOUR PAIN. ALL 3 OF THE REPLIES TO YOUR QUESTION ARE COMPLETELY UNHELPFUL. IT FEELS LIKE A DEATH IN THE FAMILY HAS OCCURRED AND I'M NOT EXAGGERATING ONE BIT. THIS SUCKS, THAT'S ALL THERE IS TOO IT. MONEY AND GREED WINS AGAIN.Smiley Sad

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Then go to the other provider and pay way less. Easy decision.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Verizon no longer offers unlimited data. They don't have to let you keep it. It's not a matter of what you think is fair or right. It is completely their decision. They let you keep it for 5 years after it was discontinued. You probably don't even use that much anyway. Hop on to one of the current plans or hop to another carrier. Beware, other unlimited data plans aren't unlimited.

0 Likes