Wifi calling no longer working while international
drandersoninc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot find a more applicable forum, please move as necessary.

In brevity, my wifi calling and texting was working while international until today and I cannot get it fixed.

Background

1) Kyocera DuraForce Pro (Android 7.1.2, software version 5.572VW)

2) Prior to leaving the united states on 8/28 I placed the phone in airplane mode and enabled WiFi calling

3) Until this morning, I was able to make phone calls (when connected to Wifi) and send / receive text messages (again, connected to wifi)

4) I do not have an international plan / second SIM card

Issue

1) This morning I accidentally turned airplane mode off. Before I could turn it back on I noticed the time on the phone had updated to the local area.

2) Since then I have been unable to make wifi calls / send receive texts as before even though nothing else has changed

Troubleshooting

1) Restart - Not fixed

2) Turned off the wifi while airplane mode was still enabled, and then turned back on - Not fixed

3) Turned off the wifi calling while airplane mode was still enabled, and then turned back on - Not fixed

4) Contacted verizon support. Their (Bo) recommendations:

a) Get back to the US cellular network - Can't justify cutting short my international vacation just to return to the US to address a Verizon service issue

b) Call Global Support - Which is ironic, given I was chatting with support because I could not make a call

Why Global Support doesn't have a chat option is beyond me. And why wifi calling cannot be fixed more readily / easily (based on the numerous threads I am seeing about the issue) also is.

Does anyone have any additional thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Wifi calling no longer working while international
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

drandersoninc, I'm so sorry to hear that you are having trouble with Wi-Fi calling while you are traveling! We know how important it is to stay connected while traveling. We are here to help, and we want to get this working for you once again. 

Is Wi-Fi calling working if cellular service is turned on? What country are you currently traveling in? Do you know of any other Verizon customers who are also having issues in this location? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes