Re: Will Verizon be following this new wrinkle?
Not applicable

jimfitzgerald wrote:

You know, some of us actually like Verizon and have no complaints.  I have excellent service, never drop a call, clear voice, and still have unlimited data and unlimited hotspot.  I am rarely outside of 4G coverage.  We have 700 minutes for $50.00, 2 phones for $9.99 each, unlimited data for $29.99, and unlimited hotspot for $30.00.  Taxes and fees are approximately $4.30 per phone and my bill never varies from $138.57 by more than about $0.20 +/-.  I'm just not sure what more I could ask for. 

Now, when I have to pay full retail price for a new phone, I will be a little bit annoyed, and if they take away my unlimited data I will be even more annoyed.  However, it won't be the end of the world.  I'll switch to Share Everything with 4GB or 6GB of data and get unlimited Verizon texting which I currently don't have.  My price will go up $10 or $20 and life goes on.

You know you have a great price. I pay almost $300 each month. I don't really care about the price per se but I don't like having these phantom fees and price increases for the sole purpose to either have one switch to a higher plan and receive less or keep getting gouged until it causes a person to leave their service.

I just don't like the way these costs or bogus costs are being used to bleed the customers in the name of corporate salary or shareholders profits. Believe me the CEO of Verizon Wireless is not worth $20 Million dollars or more with stock options.  And we own Verizon stock and its a great premium, but when will the madness end?

0 Likes
Bernie157a
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure if you are 100% or not on the history.  Perhaps you are partly talking about phone companiesmore than mobile phone companies.

I got my first cell phone (a clunky non-flip thing) with the Bell Atlantic Mobile (no Nynex) company in April 1999.  A few months later the service was renamed Verizon Wireless and has been so ever since, and I have been with them ever since and basically happy.  I have been through several cell phone models of which the LG brand has been my favorite, e.g. VX6100 and now Octane.  My service plan was a no-longer-supported plan with an employer discount for several years while off contract until I got the Octane almost 2 years ago.  Still have employer discount despite being retired for quite a while.

Bernie

>

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sorry I am replying with my community screen persona, since the forums are in a constant redirect loop via my Elector name.

In any case when I started I was with Albany Telephone Company I was the 403 customer and I used a 3 Watt bag phone, and this company was merged with Cellular One I was with this company for many years. About 30+ years ago I think.

Back then the now Verizon Wireless was Bell Atlantic  Mobile and then they added NYNEX to become Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile.

My friend at Cellular One became one of the first account executives at the new service. Since the service was ok at Cell One but the billing was always wrong he asked me to try them out. I switched over my one personal line and twenty three work lines over to his company.

I must say the bills have been great, the service was great and I have no complaints. I am still with this company now called Verizon since I believe 2000 or so. I don't care about the name change and I really have no service complaints to speak of.

Customer service has been pretty good so no complaints there.

However their web people should know how to direct to an internal web page let alone to an outside page without constantly having customers blocked from the community forums. I shudder to think people are relying on them to keep Verizon's websites working correctly. If they spent the time not screwing with a site that functions people would not be complaining of not finding things as before etc.

My belief is "If it isn't broke don't fix it"

0 Likes
Not applicable

But that's not just Verizon, that's all US corporations and that's capitalism.  I wish we had laws to regulate how much top paid officials can earn in relation to the lowest paid employees, but that's not going to happen and the topic of a different kind, altogether.  I don't mind the fees because any corporation is going to charge as much as they can and it doesn't matter, to me anyway, what they call it.  Each of my phones is billed $0.90 in "administrative fees" and we all know that falls to the bottom line.  What's the difference in administrative fees, vs manufacturing fees, vs distribution fees, vs A&P fees, vs R&D fees, etc?  It's all cost that we pay along with their profit margins.  When my total charge gets too high, I'll leave.

0 Likes
Not applicable

and I totally agree on your last statement . when I get fed up with these pick my pocket fees I also will leave.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The only problem we'll have is that Verizon is one of the price leaders in the industry.  So, all the other major providers are going to be priced about the same.

0 Likes