activate network extender
LL707
Enthusiast - Level 1

My extender stops at "Step 8a of 14" during activation and the manual for this Samsung extender model SLS-BU10B says to call Verizon for help. Your set up comments do not say anything about how to re-set the unit or what this problem is about. Calling #48 says I am not on the extender.

Re: activate network extender
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@LL707 wrote:

My extender stops at "Step 8a of 14" during activation and the manual for this Samsung extender model SLS-BU10B says to call Verizon for help. Your set up comments do not say anything about how to re-set the unit or what this problem is about. Calling #48 says I am not on the extender.

The User Guide states:

Device Not Activated

The Network Extender has a failure with initial/serving SeGW for IPSec setup.
If unable to connect to the Verizon Network, go to the Admin Website to see if the server connectivity status is reachable or not. If not reachable, please check the LAN/firewall setting or contact your network administrator before calling Customer Service.

Have you called Customer Service at 800-COMCAST or 800-XFINITY or 855-652-3446 (Device Activation) with the MAC ID to ensure they have activated the device?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jav6 wrote:

@LL707 wrote:

The User Guide states:

Device Not Activated

The Network Extender has a failure with initial/serving SeGW for IPSec setup.
If unable to connect to the Verizon Network, go to the Admin Website to see if the server connectivity status is reachable or not. If not reachable, please check the LAN/firewall setting or contact your network administrator before calling Customer Service.

Have you called Customer Service at 800-COMCAST or 800-XFINITY or 855-652-3446 (Device Activation) with the MAC ID to ensure they have activated the device?

Geez.  I was mixing up my numbers.  

Have you called Verizon Customer Service at 800-922-0204 with the MAC ID to ensure they have activated the device?

Also, from another thread regarding Step 8a failure:

spritecranberry

‎03-06-2019 09:10 AM
We are a school trying to set up a Samsung Verizon Network Extender 2 in an area where there is no cell service off of our network. We have worked with our network team to do the necessary port forwards and have so far been unsuccessful getting the device to get past Step 8a: Connecting to Verizon Network.
On the admin page, I have noticed that the IPSec will go from Reachable to N/A to Unreachable to Reachable about every minute or so. We are curious to know whether this is by design of the product or if this is a fault?

4G Net Extender issues.jpg

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi LL707,

Were you able to get your Network Extender up and running following jav6's info? Do you still need help? EricW_VZW

0 Likes