can't activate new phoneline until end of billing cycle?
lowe123

Hi,

Last week I received an iphone from Apple. This is a new line with a 2 year contract. I thought it was activated as soon as I received it/turned it on... but had issues doing so. I called verizon and was also unable to activate the line and was told i could only do so at the end of my billing cycle. Is this correct?

I should note:

-I was having trouble activating my iphone when with the sim card that shipped with the phone, so I switched the sim card out with the primary sim card on my account get to the phone's home screen. I have since placed the original sim card back into the phone and keep getting the message to contact verizon if my activation issues continue.

Please let me know what I need to do to use my new device! I don't think I was given the correct information when calling in.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can't activate new phoneline until end of billing cycle?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You shouldn't need to wait until the next billing cycle. New devices need to be activated within 14 days to you will get charged full price. Depending when your cycle ends this could be longer than 14 days.

Did you try calling the activation number?

1-877-807-4646

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Verizon Mobile Support

Follow the instructions for new customer if you are a new customer.

Page Unavailable - Verizon Wireless

Existing customers click the link above.

Good Luck

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Do you have a pending transaction like a price plan change that is waiting to complete at the beginning of your next cycle? That would be the only thing that I could think of. If this is the case VZW should be able to remove the pending order, activate your phone and re-do the pending order.

0 Likes
lowe123

Thanks for the reply. I don't have any plan changes that I'm aware of. I'm left clueless on what to do, but I just wanted to confirm that waiting until the next billing cycle to activate a phone is unusual. I'm guessing the rep wasn't sure either and wanted to get rid of me.

I'll try to bug them tomorrow about it..

0 Likes
lowe123

Thanks for the reply. I am an existing customer and the link you provided is invalid. I thought all I needed to do was turn the device on to activate? Or at the minimum, call and have them activate it over the phone? Is it normal to have to wait until the next billing cycle?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You shouldn't need to wait until the next billing cycle. New devices need to be activated within 14 days to you will get charged full price. Depending when your cycle ends this could be longer than 14 days.

Did you try calling the activation number?

1-877-807-4646

lowe123

Thanks for providing me with that number to call! The activation went through successfully! Woohoo!

Strange that the phone couldn't activate itself, but that was no biggie. It was even stranger that the verizon rep requested I wait until the end of my billing cycle.. What a surprise it would be to get charged for the rest of the subsidized phone! I'm glad I asked on this forum! Smiley Happy

I appreciate the help sprmankalel! You saved me a future headache.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You're welcome.

The reason it doesn't activate itself is incase someone else gets a hold of your phone. Calling the number tells VZW that you received the device and are ready to activate it.

I am glad it worked out.