combining accounts + transfer upgrade
lowe123

I have a single line plan with UDP. I am eligible for an upgrade  I have a partner who we're thinking about consolidating our lines anyways. If I added a line to my account with a TDP can I transfer my upgrade to the new account?

1. Will he keep the TDP and I keep my UDP?

2. If that is possible, what would happen to the remaining months for his 2 year contract? Would it reset so we'd both be stuck for 2 years?

If this is all possible, how would I go about doing it?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: combining accounts + transfer upgrade
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

lowe123 wrote:

I have a single line plan with UDP. I am eligible for an upgrade  I have a partner who we're thinking about consolidating our lines anyways. If I added a line to my account with a TDP can I transfer my upgrade to the new account?

1. Will he keep the TDP and I keep my UDP? No, if you "transfer your upgrade" your line would have the contract for two years, and the unlimited data would be gone.  His line contract would not be affected.

2. If that is possible, what would happen to the remaining months for his 2 year contract? Would it reset so we'd both be stuck for 2 years?  No, his line would keep the same contract end date, as YOUR line would be ont he new contract.  All you would be doing is using your line upgrade to get a new phone, extending your contract, with tiered data, then using the phone on his line.

Thanks!

Hope that all makes sense -

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

lowe123 wrote:

1. Will he keep the TDP and I keep my UDP? No, if you "transfer your upgrade" your line would have the contract for two years, and the unlimited data would be gone.  His line contract would not be affected.

2. If that is possible, what would happen to the remaining months for his 2 year contract? Would it reset so we'd both be stuck for 2 years?  No, his line would keep the same contract end date, as YOUR line would be ont he new contract.  All you would be doing is using your line upgrade to get a new phone, extending your contract, with tiered data, then using the phone on his line.

Thanks!

Hope that all makes sense -

0 Likes
lowe123

Thanks SuzyQ. That makes sense. Is there any promotions for current UDP customers ready to switch over to a new plan? It looks like I'll be paying more for capped data (though I'd get more minutes and texts... but I wouldn't be taking advantage of). I'm not sure if you work for Verizon to answer, but given your response I assume you do?

Thanks again.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, I don't work for Verizon, but I have been a customer since 2000, and gone through many plan changes and phones.  I also try to keep myself informed of plan ins and outs to be sure I am getting the best deal for my money, plus I'm a tech geek (according to my kids) and like to play with the latest devices.

I found a few years back that I could answer a lot of questions posted on this forum, so I started answering when I could. 

As far as promos for Unlimited moving to  new plan, there was one where you could get 6GB data for the price of the 2GB plan (Verizon MAX it was called), but I'm not sure if you can still get it.

How much data do you actually use?  Price out the different options, and don't be persuaded to change your plan if it's not going to save you  money.

0 Likes