fluctuating signal
Guapo79

As of about 2 months ago, the signal around my house, about 50 ft in any direction, is almost always non-existent.  My signal strength when standing outside shows -116dBm - basically nothing.  Occasionally during the day the signal suddenly boosts to full strength for a few minutes, only to drop back down. 

Is this a cell tower issue?  cell blocker somewhere?  Prior to 2 months ago, we had full signal 100% of the time

0 Likes
Re: fluctuating signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I realize having signal issues interferes with many things and sorry it's been two months this has been happening, Guapo79. Let's find out some more details about the service issues your're experiencing. What is your city, zip code and the nearest intersection? When you are outdoors, did you check to confirm if Wi-Fi was disabled to try to connect to our network? Does this problem happen in other locations? Please share this information so we can look into the root cause and work on fixing it. 

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
Guapo79

Queen Creek, AZ 85142

Intersection of Ellsworth and Cloud

I know my neighbors are having the same issue.  With wifi disabled, I can't make a call or use data.  I have 4 lines and all four have the same problem.  2 Android, 2 apple.

One neighbor called cust service and was told it's a dead zone but then why did it work earlier this year?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a good question. I show pretty solid tower density in that area. Have any new buildings or tall structures gone up recently?

NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
Guapo79

No, it's all residential

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Guapo79, thanks for those details. Providing you with optimal service is our goal. Would you like to continue withe some troubleshooting?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
Guapo79

Given that this is an issue for everyone in my neighborhood, I'm not sure that I can troubleshoot your network problem...  How about you send out a tech to investigate the tower?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to be sure we are on the same page here. Our team here can troubleshoot with you specifically and if need be, we can submit a ticket for our networking team. They would review the area, but we can't guarantee they will physically come to the area. We would need to get into your account first to gather more details. Would you be interested in doing that?

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes