galaxy s5 5.0 update
RobertYoung
Enthusiast - Level 3

Having lag issues and battery drain excessive since update to lollipop. Do we have an ETA on 5.0.2???????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
12 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RobertYoung

Let's make sure you stay charged.  When did you update the software on your phone? What apps or services do you use on your phone? Keep us posted.

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RobertYoung
Enthusiast - Level 3

Updated the day the OTA pushed out....2/2/15. Apps I use are the same I've been using all along  ie...Facebook, instagram etc....no issues when on 4.4.4. Battery would last all day. I've read about these issues already. Surely you guys know about them. Any talk on an update for these problems?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details, RobertYoung. As always, we are taking feedback from customers regarding the update so we can alert the software team of any concerns. Can you provide information on the battery life now compared to pre-lollipop?
What does the battery manager show http://vz.to/1KidbT2?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RobertYoung
Enthusiast - Level 3

#1 user of battery is screen. I always keep screen brightness the same....halfway, like always even on 4.4.4. #2 is Android system. Not sure if it's the light colors of the screen or what but battery definitely draining much quicker after lollipop update. Pre-lollipop no problems...very smooth and battery lasted all day. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RobertYoung, Thanks for the details. The screen can absolutely cause battery use to drain more quickly. This is especially the case when the picuture or wallpaper chosen for your screen includes a high amount of colors or movement with live wallpapers. Here is a link that will provide additional tips in conserving the phone battery, as well http://vz.to/1DCuB8H.

TanishaS1_VZW

0 Likes
RobertYoung
Enthusiast - Level 3

Without sounding arrogant, I probably know more about these devices than you folks. I don't need a link to tell me about screen brightness and wallpaper and how it affects the battery. We have a software issue OBVIOUSLY since all this just started after installing 5.0 lollipop. So if you don't have anything to tell me about a software fix right now I don't need any other advice. Please just pass along the info to the "software team" so we can get a resolution asap. I'm also not the only person this is affecting. It's a 5.0 issue with all galaxy s5's.

Thanks

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's a 5.0-5.0.2 issue. Has less to do with the hardware. Verizon can't fix it and they don't touch the code like the media and general populous thinks. Google is already working on fixes. Blame the Google fanboys who always want the latest and greatest ASAP.

RobertYoung
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also, I've already done a hard reset and cleared cache partition with no luck. still same problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We wnat to get this resolved for you once and for all RobertYoung! When you completed the hard reset, was the device lagging BEFORE you redownloaded your personal info and apps? Also, how much available device memory do you have on the s5? As you share the details then we can proceed.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
RobertYoung
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes lag was there prior to any apps. As far as device memore goes I have lots. Have a 64GB SD card I load everything possible on it.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Verizon will push out what is given to them from Google programmers.  Each carrier will work with Google to add or remove some goodies before release. And never forget Samsung get into the game or any manufacturers of phones. Android is the base OS but every phone maker adds their own Easter eggs to the basket.

Snn5
Legend

Rotten eggs it seems.