how long do I got to activate my new phone?
melismeister54

I bought my daughter a new iphone 5s for Christmas and I ordered it early because they were back ordered....I got it a lot sooner than expected....now can I still wait until Christmas to activate it or do I have to activate before the deadline(if there is on)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how long do I got to activate my new phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

melismeister54,

Whoa, what a sweet Christmas gift that is! And I'm sure she'll love it. Anyways, you don't need to activate the device just because you've received it already. And when Christmas morning comes along, the activation should be easy with the instructions provided.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

In the days of old you purchased a new device for your account number, if you did not want it on right away there was a 7-14 day window to activate it on your account. Now having said that in the old days if you activated the device for 24 hours you could go in and remove it and put the old device back on and then simply hold on to it for when you need it.

But that was years ago, best bet is call *611 or 800-922-0204 or visit a Verizon Wireless Corporate Store and ask them.

Be careful because Verizons techs all give different answers so it could be tricky.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

melismeister54,

Whoa, what a sweet Christmas gift that is! And I'm sure she'll love it. Anyways, you don't need to activate the device just because you've received it already. And when Christmas morning comes along, the activation should be easy with the instructions provided.

EvanO_VZW

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

A lot depends on the conditions under which you ordered the new phone.  Was it an upgrade to her line? In that case, you'd need to activate it (briefly, can be done with CS over the phone) and then reactivate her current phone - done at a time when she would not be using her current phone, she would not even be aware of it.

If it was purchased for full retail, then yo can activate it any time you choose.

Were there instructions for activation, or any conditions noted with the device shipment?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SuzyQ, you're right, it does depend on how melismeister54 retrieved the device. Since she ordered it online at our website, she will need to call our automated system at 877-807-4646 to verify the receipt of that phone and except the terms and conditions of the new two year agreement. However, you are not required to activate at this time. We just want to make sure that you recieved your phone.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
Jonsam2008

I was told by verizon chat that I only had 3 days to activate once I got it in the mail. I was hoping to order it in so we could surprise my daughter as well. This is great news!~

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes