how to use 6-month free trial promotion of apple music
chofamily

I have 4 lines under my account and tried multiple times to use the apple music 6-month free trial promotion.

But every time I try to add it, it gives me "Oops, there seems to be a problem. Try it again later" message.

I chatted with the agents and they say that they cannot activate it for me (I don't know why)

and I don't want to waste the 6 month trial of it.

- I am currently not using apple music

- I tried different browsers

- I tried day/night at different time

How do I add it? Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how to use 6-month free trial promotion of apple music
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Do you have the Apple Music app on your devices? Because you need that. Also you have to have an unlimited data plan

0 Likes
chofamily

yes I use iphone and have unlimited data plan that's why I know about the 6-month promotion.

The website just won't let me process to get that 6-month deal

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Do you have the app on your device

0 Likes
ericw_vzw
Verizon Employee

chofamily,

We're very sorry to hear about the trouble with enrolling in the service. It sounds like you've already tried a number of options to get this process completed. boringusername asked a great question. Are you using the app on the phone? Also, did you already cancel your existing Apple Music subscription before trying to start the promotion? Full details on the process can be seen here under step 8: Apple Music Promotion FAQs | Verizon Wireless

We'll be standing by!

EricW_VZW

0 Likes
Turnermet

Ok, same problem for me but different.  We have four lines, three of which are iphones and my phone which is a Samsung S9.  In my plan, it states that my phone is compatible and I simply clicked enroll and it worked.  I created an Apple ID and streamed music for about a week.  I have another Samsung Galaxy Note 5 that is not active.  I tried to install the Apple app and login on that device and that's where the problems started.  From that point on, I have not been able to listen or login to Apple music.  I've removed the Apple app from the Note and tried everything.  No luck.  I was on the phone with four Verizon reps and two Apple reps on 12/19.  This was a phone call over three hours.  No luck.  The last person I spoke with was a very nice and helpful rep with Verizon.   However, after remoting in to my phone and walking through several trouble shooting steps, still no progress.  He said he would need to open a ticket with their I.T. team.  Since we were approaching the holidays, I assumed I would not hear anything for a few days.  Today is 12/31 and I still haven't heard anything.  I tried calling Verizon earlier today to follow up and was on hold for 38 minutes.  When I was finally connected to a rep, she acted like she could not hear me and the call disconnected.  So frustrating.  We are paying for unlimited service on four lines and this is a perk that I should be able to get.  Can anyone please help with this issue? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Turnermet, it sounds like you have been working very hard to ensure that you are able to use this built in service and we are truly sorry to hear that this has taken so much time. Though things definitely may be delayed due to the holidays, we do want to take a closer look at what is happening. Do you happen to have the IT ticket number for this investigation? LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes