Re: just HOW shady is Verizon now? And to 20 yr customers? no deals for us. no benefits
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your loyalty for over twenty years means the world to us! We are truly sorry about the whole ordeal. One of our main goals is to provide you with reliable service and a great experience, and would like to review your situation in detail. We will send you a Private Note, so we can further assist you. 

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
Re: just HOW shady is Verizon now? And to 20 yr customers? no deals for us. no benefits
LoydaminC
Enthusiast - Level 2

My suggestion as a 12-year Verizon customer is that you should never have someone on your account as an account manager that is not able to make a money conscious decision for you.

The other thing, did you know if you had total mobile protection, the one that includes if your phone is lost, or stolen, you may have been able to avoid this situation where you lost your phone? 

You are definitely right there are some things that happened in this scenario that are weird, but there are also some things that you, yourself, could have done better. You are right that customer service Representatives should be there for you, and that customer service should be catered to giving you the best experience. And I am sure that Verizon does not like hearing these stories, because they are companies that needs customers.

There are also Alternatives. Did you know that Best Buy, Amazon, and other places sell unlocked devices? And that Walmart also sells phones for Verizon? You don't necessarily need to go to a corporate store to get your phone. There are other ways to accomplish this. Sometimes as long term customers we get comfortable with something.

I definitely don't want to place the blame on anyone, but I would like to say that I hope your situation gets resolved in a wonderful manner.

Losername
Enthusiast - Level 2

Somehow I guess we have an entirely different definition of the word deal.

A nice little analogy that may help further illustrate things (although it was obvious as ever the way it happened in reality) is that it was like walking into a dealership and saying you crashed your car, and need to get a new one. You also ask what upgrades, sales or deals are going on at the moment regarding new phones.

The salesman says there are no deals unfortunately unless you have a car to trade in. He then goes on to explain that you have to buy this extended seat fabric warranty to even be able to buy the car though.  That's weird and annoying you think, but he said that's how they do it and you want to purchase it so, you agree.

If that turned out to be a complete falsehood, then I would think "golly that is a really shady way to try and do business" and certainly the last thing I would call it is offering a "deal".      ?

Oh and actually I forgot the best part.  Not only does he tell you that you need to get that seat fabric warranty to be able to purchase the car, but it is also later brought to your attention that there was a couple sales and deals going on at that dealership.  And all of them REQUIRE YOU TO BUY THE SEAT COVER WARRANTY TO BE ELIDGEABLE FOR THE DEAL!

So not only did you not have to get the senseless warranty to get the car - as it was explained to you...

But you miss out on all the deals and huge savings available... the ones that fit perfectly into the situation the shady salesman created,

since 99% of the deals REQUIRE YOU TO BE BUYING A SEAT COVER WARRANTY TO TAKE PART IN THEM.

which would have been the only excuse to withhokd that knowledge. If they weren't going to be available to you.

maybe your trying to say  having deals only for "new" customers ( a word that seems to lose meaning quickly when I can access some of the same deals but only if I give up my phone number for a new one... but I already explained the nonsensical nature of that in my last posts. The amount of threads all over about just that help give a sense of just how many people agree)  isn't a shady thing to do?  I don't think it was ever implied anywhere in this thread that it was. Stupid. Pathetic. Anti-consumer in my opinion? Yes, ( although it sure will create a lot of consumption asmore of us finally give in and start riding the wave of switching carriers every couple years to save potential thousands) I do see it as such...

But the pathetically obvious shadyness going on was this time for me, all the ridiculous things that were pulled on my brother. Like saying he needed a new line to be able to get a phone... that nearly had less to just pay it off right then, than even the one time fees associated with a new line  opening.

and that's aside from the failure to mention deals you see everyday as an employee when asked about them.

have a good one pal. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Losername, your longtime loyalty is greatly appreciated and we hope to provide your communication services for many years to come. The promotion requirements vary at times and regret to hear this particular promotion does not work out well for you with the additional line requirement. We appreciate your feedback and this will be used to improve future promotions. We recommend frequently visiting the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/deals/ to view promotions and the requirements. Does this help?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
CodyMeyer11

By far the biggest scumbag company out there, almost didn’t get my house over a $50 bill that I didn’t owe in the first place. They say I still owe them $50 and hit my credit. I’d rather light a $50 on fire then hand these scumbags a penny that I don’t owe. Today I tried accessing my old yahoo account to verify my Venmo since I got a new phone. Had to go through customer service and even though I answered everything to the T they say I need to subscribe to a $13 a month plan for access to this account for one time which I’ll never use again. I asked when this has been policy for yahoo, she said since Verizon bought them in 2017. The CEO of Verizon is a spineless scumbag. Teddy Roosevelt tried putting an end to monopolies but they are back and bigger than ever, so there’s nothing you can do, all major cell providers are equal pieces of dirt

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes