keeps going into SOS
ngshweiri
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone just stopped working today and does not have any connection to the Verizon Network. I can send and receive iMessages and that is it. If I try to make a call, it will say call failed, and when people try to call me, it goes straight to VM. 

It keeps switching from having bars to SOS. I have rebooted my phone multiple times and done all of the troubleshooting.  This is happening to all phones on my Verizon account, and is happening or has been over the past two days to others that have Verizon accounts. 

1 Solution
Dan_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

If your iPhone is stuck in SOS mode, please use the steps in this FAQ to troubleshoot the issue:

Phone can't make calls FAQ

Dan_VZ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
170 Replies
Tennkimberleigh

My 4 phones on my account are having the same issue. Seems like almost everyone is having a problem with this. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! Dealing with technical problems can be overwhelming, especially if you are getting the SOS notification on all your four phones. Verizon is here to help.

If you encounter any tech issues in the future, do not hesitate to use our Troubleshooting Assistant for further support: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting/.

When did the problem start? What recent changes have you made (relocated, new phones, software update, etc.)? Who else is experiencing this problem (friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, etc.)?

~Gilbert

0 Likes
kervensgp

I am having the same issue. Under cellular, it does not appear to be registering my cellular data. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kervensgp. We are here to assist. What zip code are you in? Does this happen indoors or outside? -Joe

0 Likes

Inside and out! 37617

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Tennkimberleigh. Thank you for the zip code. When did this begin? Any available software updates on the phone? 

-Natasha

0 Likes
Ecriselda1990

My phone is on sos mode again. I already had to have the SIM card replaced. 

0 Likes
Dimurray
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. Just moved near  a cell tower and ever since my service has been horrible. Text messages continue to say “failed to send” & can’t move out of one spot to talk on the phone! It’s a new phone and this is 2024. Do better Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good afternoon, this is a courtesy follow up regarding your SOS dilemma. Our goal is to provide the support you need. Please reach out at your best convenience, so we can be sure we addressed/resolved all your concerns.

~Gilbert

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Dimurray. Ensuring that you have only the best in service is a must! Help is here. When the device shows 'SOS', this means that the SIM or eSIM isn't connecting to the network. Although being near a cellular tower is good, we don't know for sure if it is a Verizon tower. With WIFI off, which signal indicator do you see on your phone when SOS isn't showing? For example, do you see 5G or LTE? What troubleshooting steps have you taken thus far? 

-Natasha

0 Likes
Kp6187
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem was solved for our whole neighborhood when the cell tower was fixed.  No problems since then

0 Likes
HP4265

I keep having this same issue and cannot connect any calls

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HP4265, keeping you connected is vital, and we'd love to help. Could you please tell us a bit more about when this issue started, and where it's happening? How often are you encountering this issue throughout the day?

~Izzy

0 Likes
Rick-22

I’m having the same issue!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry we missed you. We hope you can send us a private message. If not contact us here if needed: https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/ -Joe

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Rick-22. We wanted to check back with you to see if you still needed assistance. If so, please let us know. We would love to continue to help. 

~Ivone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rick-22 We're sorry to read about the issues with your device. We're here to help. Were there any changes made to the device before this started? What troubleshooting have you attempted to fix the issue? ~Peter

0 Likes
Ghemi66

Many of us have tried resetting network and all the stuff that Verizon tells you to do. This needs to escalated to your Verizon Network Engineers and Apple. Everyone from Verizon answering us in this chat has nothing but basic capabilities. If you can escalate this higher that would be more useful!! Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ghemi66, thank you very much for the information. What city and ZIP Code are you having issues in so we can review the area for any outages?

~Jesse

0 Likes
g-hemi66
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Ada, MI 49301. They have supposedly checked for the same thing before.

0 Likes