messenger desktop app not excepting security code
chrisseleigh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can not get the Verizon messenger desktop app to work on my laptop. I can get it to work on my cell phone just fine but the desktop app will not except the security code when I enter it. I've tried it over a half dozen times it it keeps telling me to enter a valid security code. It worked like a charm when I downloaded the iPhone app onto my via and put the security code in that was generated for that. Didn't have any issues whatsoever for that one. My laptop is a MacBook Pro and I downloaded the app from the app store. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
16 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely odd that this is occurring, chrisseleigh. Let's do all we can to get this working properly. When you first open the application and attempt to sign in, are you provided an option to try and resend a password/pin?

Are you able to access the web app version with no issues?

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
chrisseleigh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can use the webpage verizon my account and access my account and messages fine other than not all of the messages come through. When I open the desktop app it opens and asks to get started then the next screen asks for my phone number to send a text message to......I put in the number select done and it opens the screen asking for security code. I have to leave my house to get cellular service, one of the reasons why I want the desktop app, then come back and put in the code. I've done it I don't know how mant times and it always gives me the same error message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how frustrating that's got to get too. Especially with needing to drive to another location. Chrisseleigh, is your computer a desktop, or Macbook?If it is a laptop style device, taking it with you to a free WiFi location can help sync the two devices together before the password times out.

It definitely sounds like the password is timing out, and that is why it never accepts it. I can understand how this would make things very difficult.

When you request the confirmation pin, if you have the web app version open, do you receive the confirmation text there? May help save the trip.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
chrisseleigh
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not timing out. I can go just a minute up the road and get the text message to get the security code. So the issue isn't the code timing out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets check out a few things here. What version of OSx are you running on your Apple laptop? What happens when you download the desktop app directly from the website? http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/verizon-messages/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
chrisseleigh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have OS X Yosemite Ver 10.10.5 and when I download the app it downloads without any issues. It opens and asks me to enter my phone number to send a text to my phone with the security code. I get the text, enter the code it sent me and get an error message telling me to enter a valid security code. It will not take any code that I have received via text message. I get the exact same error message every time I do it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've closed the app out and reopened it and still get the same error message every time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking on that for us. What model iPhone are you using? What version iOS is it on? (You can check in settings >> general >> about >> version). On the app on the phone, please go to the menu and then settings. Look for “Manage Devices” and let us know what is there.

ChristopherM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
chrisseleigh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 5 with most the current update on it, iOS 8.4.1 I don't have the app on my phone anymore. I took it off after seeing if it had the same issues as the app on my MAC. I had no issues using the app on my phone when I downloaded it. I could use it with no issues whatsoever. After checking that I deleted it because I don't need the app on my iPhone, I need it on my laptop.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking on that. Lets try to deregister and then register the account. To do this, please re-download the app onto the phone. Once it is set up, please go into the settings and choose “unsubscribe”. Once that is done, go ahead and delete the app from your phone and pc again and restart your phone. When the phone comes back on, download the messages app again and set it up fresh. Once it is working on the phone, download the program to your laptop and try setting it up.

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
chrisseleigh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I re-downloaded the app already just a few minutes ago and there is no 'unsubscribe' option in the menu on the phone app nor is there an option in the menu for Manage Devices. I also deleted the app from my computer over a week ago and then re-downloaded it today and the laptop app is still giving me an error message when I enter the security code sent to my phone via text message.

0 Likes
chrisseleigh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now when I enter the security code on the computer app is gives me Unknown Error instead of the Invalid Security Code error message that it was giving me before.

0 Likes
chrisseleigh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, the web account message center is not showing all the messages. It will show one then not show another in a conversation. And it does not show any messages from Verizon like the ones that are sent with the security codes are account information.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank for trying that out. I have send a direct message to you. Please reply back to it so we can access your account to investigate this further.

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
chrisseleigh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also the messages from verizon like the one I get with the security code do not come through on the web page message center. It didn't come through on the iPhone verizon messenger app either.

0 Likes
chrisseleigh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 7.13.34 PM.png

0 Likes
chrisseleigh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh and I can back up and get the app to resend the text message but it sends a brand new code each time. I don't have an option to refresh the page asking for the code. It will go back to re-enter my phone number and send me another message with a new code.

0 Likes