scammed by a verizion salesman
roach48
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone bill was going up each month so I got on there web site and started looking at my bill in detail,it all started when my wife went to the verizion store in coral springs florida,she and my daughter were looking at phones,a salesman was telling her about the new program called the edge program.

So anyway she took the bait and not only did she get on the edge program he gave her three tablets for free and she was so happy.

She took them who wouldn't,it took me five months to figure out I was paying a data fee and a $10.00 for all three cheap lg tablets So I stopped the data but stiil pay $30 for them to sit in my closet.

I'm mad because they took advantage of my wife,I went back to the store after I found out but he quit,so this is what I'm doing writing and maybe helping someone else.

That's a used car salesman tatic,which was probably his last job.I have been with verizion over 15 years,I am going try and make a deal and get back on my 2 year program and pay off the three tablets and hope someone from vzw will help me out,

My wife is not the person in charge of my contract I am, so I'll wait and see if they will do something.

Four smart phones and three tablets to buy out of my contract is alot of cash.

I can't blame the salesman for making a buck,my wife is a grown women and she should of known better,she told me my daughter was hounding her and she wanted the new iphone, and you no how that goes.

If anyone out there has some idea's I would like to hear them.

THANK'S

Personal information removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: scammed by a verizion salesman
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Good luck to you.  I've read other stories here that some folks were given "free" tablets and thinking that would be the end of it.  VZW offers the tablets for free so that they can profit off the data that you'll buy and use.  Nothing is ever free...seems like you are mature and already knew this...too bad your wife wasn't informed in her decision making.  Best to luck to you....

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Im not understanding. Your wife would not have been able to do anything to the account unless she was authorized. And like you said she is grown. The tablets WERE free, in exchange for the agreement and the data. What exactly is/can verizon going to do? She signed on the bottom line as your representative. WHy didnt you look at the paperwork when she came home with everything? Im sorry for your disappointment but all you can do is pay them off, cancel and pay the etfs, or a last resort see if you know people who want to take over the tablet lines and put them in their own name....

Best Wishes

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

If your wife wasn't authorized, how was she able to make additions and changes to your account?

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

I understand you're upset...and you should be...but at your wife, not anyone else.  As I mentioned in a previous post, we owe it to ourselves as responsible adults to read any and every document prior to engaging/signing a binding contract or agreement.  It doesn't matter what someone tells you...you should read it yourself.

I work in an industry where many folks come through my office to sign documentation and truth in lending agreements for the purchase of their new vehicle.  I can't tell you how many people fail to read anything I put in front of them after they here that I've got them approved for their auto loan.  For their sake, they're lucky that I'm an honest professional because I could most certainly pad payments and include other ridiculous options at outrageous cost while only increasing their payment by pennies over the life of the loan.  And we don't have a "buyer's remorse" policy.   My point is...let this be a hard lesson learned.  You can bash me all you want but some part of you know that what I'm saying is right...

0 Likes
byrwill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Roach48, the same thing happened to me..did you get anything resolved?

0 Likes