467873 - Healthcare.gov spam text messages won't stop
speedingcheetah9000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Eversince I was required to go through the online healthcare website thing.....I am suddenly getting daily text messages from short code 467873. They vary in content.  They give a URL link and it goes to Heathcare.gov. That site I never made an account with and it re-directs me to my State marketplace site (MNSure). There is NO options on there to unsubscribe from text messages. I don't even recall giving them my cell number.

I have replied each time "stop", Stop" or "STOP". A hour later I get a message that says I will no longer receive messages anymore, gives a web link and a 800 number to call if I have any questions. However, the same annoying messages still come the next day. Been happening for over a month now, each day.  I have tried calling the 800 number multiple times and can never get anywhere. Their voice system is junk and when i finally mange to get it to direct me to a representative, I always get the message that says long wait time, once it said 20 min, 45 min later, I hung up. Most of the time, the automated system says more than 1hr wait time. I gave up.

Searching online, many folks have this issue and from the same number. What is VERY annoying is that every other carrier, you can go online to manage your account and block short code messages....but NOT Verizon.

Does anyone know how to get these to stop?!

Labels (1)
Re: 467873 - Healthcare.gov spam text messages won't stop
ShelbyAllshouse
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem! I've gotten through with the representatives 3 times and im still getting those stupid messages! I wish I could block this number on Verizon!

0 Likes
speedingcheetah9000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I to finally reached a person at the 800 number and they said they added me to their "do not call list" and I will not receive any more messages. Wrong! I got 3 just today!   Spammers!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Add the number to your block list in whatever 3rd party app you choose to use.  (call and text block apps)

0 Likes
speedingcheetah9000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried a few apps. They all say something to the effect "Your

device does not support SMS/MMS blocking"...or simply don't work.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you considered going to the obamacare website and editing your profile to opt out of the messages?

0 Likes
speedingcheetah9000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe I stated in the first post there is no place on the MNSure

website to opt-out. Nothing in Proflie setting or anything. The

heathcare.gov site(from where the texts are apparently being sent from)

its asks for an account and I never have created one there. It does not

recognize my log info for MNSure either.

0 Likes
RICLAV60

I was having same issue.

I found this thread which was not helpful and left unanswered.

I searched and found the following link.

According to Health Insurance Market place you can simply reply with the word STOP and it will stop sending the messages.

I replied with STOP a few minutes ago, so i do not have final results as to if it worked or not, but its worth a shot.

https://usshortcodedirectory.com/directory/short-code-467873/

hope this helps!

0 Likes
Cowgrlup65

I recently got this text and forwarded it to Verizon via 7726 text message. I received the same response that it is a short message and to reply Stop. I’ve used my Truecaller app to block it and in doing so it provided a different format for this number +46 7873, I then tried sending it again to Verizon and it worked to block it. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes