A Lot of Note 4 Cases Dont Fit...
cceller
Enthusiast - Level 2

While waiting on my Note 4 I was reading lots of Verizon users state that the left mic hold does not line up with a LOT of popular cases.

I had a Verus and Spigen in hand waiting my Note 4 and sure enough on both the left mic hole does not line up.

This is a common complaint that can be found on a lot of the popular android sites such as XDA and Android Central.

Any ideas whats up with this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: A Lot of Note 4 Cases Dont Fit...
cceller
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon chose to place the left mic hole differently than any other carrier.

From what I have found only a couple of the popular case makers were able to compensate, either by changing the shape of that opening or incorporating a sound channel.

This is very, very frustrating. I would love to know why Big Red chose to be different other than the prevailing theory of forcing us to by accessories from them.

Sorry, but their selection of cases is not that great and usually too pricey - just my opinion.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jay_M_
Contributor - Level 2

I don't think Verizon Wireless sells those cases for the Note. It could be that, did you purchase them from VZW? Mnay phones have different "versions" depending on the carrier, and the cases are not compatible with each one. The best thing to do is purchase directly through vzw.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You need to take it to with the manufacturer and return your cases from where you bought it.

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

This is not the case. They are the same across all carriers. Only the LG G2 was different on Verizon than other carriers. Giving money to Big Red for a case is the last thing somebody wants to do also because they're way overpriced.

Jay_M_
Contributor - Level 2

Not really, in comparison many people are paying more for service that's really solid crap. And in other cases wyh not pay a little more to get the best? That's how America works. It's not "get the best possible thing for free!" lmao. But yeah if it's a case issue, I feel like the ones making these cases are the ones that are resposible, that needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
cceller
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon chose to place the left mic hole differently than any other carrier.

From what I have found only a couple of the popular case makers were able to compensate, either by changing the shape of that opening or incorporating a sound channel.

This is very, very frustrating. I would love to know why Big Red chose to be different other than the prevailing theory of forcing us to by accessories from them.

Sorry, but their selection of cases is not that great and usually too pricey - just my opinion.

0 Likes
HRA95035

Yes, I found the same. Check my post on this forum!

It is perplexing, frustrating and amusing at the same time!

0 Likes
cceller
Enthusiast - Level 2

Went by my local store and picked up a case ... not that I wanted to.

The folks at the store were not aware of the issue and thanked me for sharing.

0 Likes
HRA95035

The fact that physical location of the left mic differs in Note 4 Verizon Edition vs. other Note 4 should have been known to all the case manufacturers. Some decided to have one design that accommodates all Note 4:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MP3OWVI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=amaflink...

This is the case that I have (Black and Lime ) and working just fine.

Some manufacturers decide to have case for non-Verizon Note 4 first and  release the Verizon compatible ones in the later date:

SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case & Holster Combo for Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Note that the all black edition of this case is now Verizon compatible but I am tired of all black cases and want some colors in mine!

0 Likes