Re: A few months ago I stopped being able to receive texts from my husband's cell phone.  It worked in the morning, then just stopped.  He has a work issued phone with Verizon service. I do not have him blocked. Any other suggestions?
RHMINK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I get them from everybody else.  Weird

Re: A few months ago I stopped being able to receive texts from my husband's cell phone. It worked in the morning, then just stopped. He has a work issued phone with Verizon service. I do not have him blocked. Any other suggestions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RHMINK, we appreciate the insight and would l like to learn more so we can determine what the root cause of this issue is. Is your husband able to call you without issue and visa versa?

ChrisM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: A few months ago I stopped being able to receive texts from my husband's cell phone.  It worked in the morning, then just stopped.  He has a work issued phone with Verizon service. I do not have him blocked. Any other suggestions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RHMINK,

The best thing to do to confirm if one of your two phones is blocking the messages is to each delete the other's contact in the phones. Then go ahead and see if you're able to send and receive to each other after both contacts have been removed. If you can, it means there was a block in the phone software. If that's the case, you can re-add the contacts and you should be in business. Let us know.

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: A few months ago I stopped being able to receive texts from my husband's cell phone. It worked in the morning, then just stopped. He has a work issued phone with Verizon service. I do not have him blocked. Any other suggestions?
RHMINK
Enthusiast - Level 3

We did that, it didn't work.  My texts go through to him,  but his won't come through to me.

RHMINK
Enthusiast - Level 3

We are able to call each other without any problem.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's certainly strange, RHMINK. Thanks for all your efforts so far! Glad your calls are working normally for you though. We're not giving up! Have you tried making an alternate messaging app your default text app? Please click here for those steps: http://spr.ly/6581DDZiL. Once you try an alternate app, please let us know if his messages now come through.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RHMINK
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have tried the stock messaging app as well as Go SMS and FB Messenger.   No luck.  I do notice that when i click on received messages from others, there is a "report as spam" option that i don't get on the messages he sent me when his messages still went thru.  Could that be related?

stef7
Master - Level 2

This is so strange.

I feel we are missing a piece of information.

Do you or does he have an iPAD, or do you or does he have ANOTHER Apple account?

RHMINK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope, we don'thave any ipads.  Just Samsung tablets.  And he only has one Apple account.  This problem started in one day from the morning to the afternoon with no known changes to our accounts.

stef7
Master - Level 2

Okay. Just to summarize. There is only one appleid involved. You can both call each other. Each of you can call and text other people, both on iPhone and Android with success. You can text him  but he cannot text you...

On his texting app, does he get any error when texting you? Does it appear to go through fine and you don't see it?

I'm not giving up yet...

0 Likes