Re: A vote for the Galaxy Note
gomobile

Chiming in here.

I check for news about the Galaxy Note on Verizon 2-3 times daily. This is the perfect mobile device for illustrators and creatives that need to present quick ideas visually. Anything larger is pretty ostentatious in a cafe, bar or friends house. I sincerely hope Verizon picks this up and with LTE ability, it's very possible if the use base wants it. Let me again confirm, we do. I go to many meetings where half the staff has iphones or droids, a couple have iPads and the rest have pen and paper. Imagine a true business device that could topple the blackberry, and could be used to actually draw AND show ideas to groups. Perfect size, perfect portability. Plus, I use speakerphone, face recognition and bluetooth in the car, unless I'm at a show (in which case I privately text people) or walking, so I wouldn't hold it up to my ear much anyway (people are a little freaky about the size). Like most people, I text and email 8x more than I talk on a mobile device.

Please Verizon, complete the Galaxy, with Note.

0 Likes
bruinbiochem06
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon,

I've been with your company for over 6 years.  I will leave for AT&T in a heartbeat if they get the Galaxy Note and Verizon does not.

0 Likes
adam_losangeles
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too am waiting to hear some news that this is coming to Verizon.

I've decided not to get the new Razr and instead make this my next phone.

I'd like to purchase one for my mother as well.

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

bruinbiochem06 wrote:

Dear Verizon,

I've been with your company for over 6 years.  I will leave for AT&T in a heartbeat if they get the Galaxy Note and Verizon does not.

i'm sure one person matters. i hope they hear you

bruinbiochem06
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sure I'm not the only one willing to leave for this phone.

Tidbits
Legend

bruinbiochem06 wrote:

I'm sure I'm not the only one willing to leave for this phone.

there wouldn't be enough people to leave for a device to actually make it worth something. Look how long it took for the iPhone to come here. We've heard those comments over and over before the 4 was released. Verizon is still number one as far as customer goes. I say you'd have to convince about 20M people to switch away from Verizon over this phone.
0 Likes
dlcpa

On the Android Phone Blog we were talking about what is taking Verizon so long to incorporate the Galaxy Nexus, a phone that has been introduced all over the world.  I guess that either you were having a problem with the phone and 4G LTE or you were adding something that the Note doesn't have.  But someone said Verizon just announced a "crap load" of phones so they might be waiting on this one.  Here was my response:

You know, this phone is so different and people who decide they want it aren't going to buy something else that is not its equal. You can't want a phone the size of the Note and they decide, ok for two years I'll get a small one. The only option is to go with ATT or whatever large powerful phone comes out next. I'd never buy and 3.5 inch IPhone or Blackberry again or even one that is 4.2 inches.

So, having a hundred other phones is meaningless to me and everyone else who wants a large screen phone . The beauty of Android is diversity and the different size of the Note is something that puts it totally alone from any other phone and it is the most significant difference there is. Dual core 1.2 vs. 1.5 is a difference but not huge. Amoled + vs. Amoled is also not huge. Even Quad vs. Dual core to many of us is not that major a concern. Difference is, I could go for any of the better features and love them if they exist are available but none of them are deal breakers.  The size, now that I have come to understand how wonderful it will be for me, is a deal breaker.

I never want a tablet.  I have a laptop for that purpose and having to schlep around a tablet is not something I care to do or care to worry about where I put it down or what's going to fall on it.  I have no reason for one.  If I had little babies or if I was a real estate agent or in some kind of sales, then maybe that would be a bigger issue for me but I am a baby boomer CPA who is tired of reading the web on a 3.2 inch screen.

I became eligible to get a new phone in July and my Blackberry batteries are dying. I have 3 and a separate charger.  The Note is a new kind of phone attracting a huge consumer audience.  ATT is getting their 4G LTE service going and to buy the Note now from them and have time to learn Android and eventually upgrade to 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich doesn't sound so bad now.  If there is a reason why Verizon is not bringing out the phone then maybe we should be given an idea when it will.  If we don't hear anything we have to assume some time from mid Q1 2012 to July 2012.  I love the Verizon Network and cell coverage (it is by far the best) and I don't want to leave it, but without any signals and my eyes and my batteries getting more tired every day, I might not have a choice.  Our entire family is on ATT so moving there wouldn't be horrific, so Verizon, let's hear something from you telling us when.

dlcpa

0 Likes
phoenix169

Well said!

0 Likes
bruinbiochem06
Enthusiast - Level 2

You really can't make a comparison with Apple.  Verizon already carried Samsung phones, so carrying the Note would be much easier for them...

0 Likes
ronhoney
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hope you Verizon guys are reading these posts and checking GN reviews on Amazon and other sites.  This phablet is to die for.  If AT&T offers this on their LTE network before you do, you've lost my business.

0 Likes