Advanced settings confusion for Messsage+
angelsix
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found the Advanced area of my settings, and there are some I don't understand:

"Application Settings"

"Enable Delivery Toast"

"Delivery status toast message" [  ]

??? This seems like some clever joke (punchline "Only if you'll butter it for me!"), except it isn't.  What is Delivery Toast and why would I want it enabled?

"Real Time Location Settings"

"Continuously Send Location" 

"Send location information when not being viewed.  It will become available for conversation recipients when they choose to view it."

??? HUH?  What conversations?  I only use this app for my SMS.  Does this relate to making video calls or something?  By default this was "on" and I turned it off just because it seemed a little creepy.

"Default Share Time"

"Default amount of time (in minutes) to share when using real time location."

??? Huh?  By default this is set to 15, but could be set as high as 120.  If I want preserve my kindergarten "A" in "Sharing" should I set it to 120?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Snn5
Legend

angelsix wrote:

I found the Advanced area of my settings, and there are some I don't understand:

"Application Settings"

"Enable Delivery Toast"

This is a small pop up notice that lasts all of 3 seconds at the bottom of your screen (black box white font for me) that just tells you "message sent."

"Send location information when not being viewed.  It will become available for conversation recipients when they choose to view it."

For people you've chosen to share location info with (related to the Glympse feature) they can know where you are.

"Default Share Time"

Location will be shared at the time intervals chosen.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Snn5
Legend

angelsix wrote:

"Application Settings"

"Enable Delivery Toast"

This is a small pop up notice that lasts all of 3 seconds at the bottom of your screen (black box white font for me) that just tells you "message sent."

For people you've chosen to share location info with (related to the Glympse feature) they can know where you are.

"Default Share Time"

Location will be shared at the time intervals chosen.