After Marshmallow System Update, I keep getting "System UI has stopped" and "Setup Wizard has stopped" - Cannot access anything on the phone.
wayniac

I have tried the wiping the system cache to no avail using the hard boot option (holding the power and volume down keys at same time....)

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: After Marshmallow System Update, I keep getting "System UI has stopped" and "Setup Wizard has stopped" - Cannot access anything on the phone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get you some answers to your device. When you did the upgrade, did you turn off any permissions? Did it complete or get interrupted during the upgrade? Did it ever reboot after the update?
CheriS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: After Marshmallow System Update, I keep getting "System UI has stopped" and "Setup Wizard has stopped" - Cannot access anything on the phone.
Wmau

I am having the exact same problem.  Mine did appear to update correctly and I did not turn off any permissions. I had shut it off and restarted it the morning after it updated and said it was done. I had actually used it for a few days (with some issues of instability, battery drain, freeze screens) and then all of the sudden right after deleting some photos it gave me first the "Setup Wizard has stopped" following by the flashing "System UI has stopped" that prevented any sort of actions at all.  It would not even let me shut it off - had to remove the battery. Once I removed the battery and tried to restart it spent almost an hour on the "Verizon" red screen, then told me that Android was loading (x of 247) and when it was done it went back to the "System UI has stopped" and failed to recognize the charging cable so finally ran the battery empty. I'm guessing something in the update is corrupted - I could not get to anything on the screen before the battery went - is it bricked? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wmau and wayniac, software updates are meant to enhance the device’s performance, not harm them. So terrible to hear that you both are experiencing these issues. Help is on the scene to ensure we get you connected and have the full use of your phones. In the event of any software update, it’s always best to do a full and complete factory data reset so that everything is fresh and up to date on the phone. It is the hope that your phone’s content was backed up as this reset will erase everything on the device. Click here for the steps. http://vz.to/1WJvu9a

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

Another corrupted update by Verizon. I currently have the same issues, power cycled helps but it comes back later on. I hesitate to do a factory reset as Verizon bloated ROMS only get fixed from a following update patch. So TBH unless someone figured out a fix, we'll probably have to wait until Verizon 1.Acknowledges their update was corrupted. 2. Release a patch to address this issue. This one is probably they worst (in my long list of Verizon generated software issues) as I noticed when the issue occurs I cant make any calls, I fear if I'm in an emergency this will be useless.

Issue and "temporary fix" details:

My menus keep going "transparent" but the device will carry out actions/command as if the menu is actually overlaying. When this happens I cannot see the drawing effect when unlocking my phone and/or the entire lock screen goes to black. I have to use the hotkey on the back of the phone to load camera, click on the locked gallery thumbnail, to make the lock screen display properly. I either have to reboot the phone or wait until i get the "System UI" failure appears and it reloads the process then functions as normal.

0 Likes
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

I just discovered another "temporary" fix. If you can get an Go to Settings>Application Manager on the 3 dotted "additional options" icon select "Show System". Click on System UI and select "stop". When I did this System UI restarted automatically and the phone acted normal again. Did not require a reboot. Please refer to my previous post if you have trouble getting the lock screen and/or other menus to load properly. You would try that process prior to these steps.

0 Likes