After upgrading to 6.0, I have no Google Services. Google Play was uninstalled and many of my apps do not work/are not there anymore.
Keedo

So after upgrading to 6.0 last night, my Google Services was taken off my phone as well as many of my apps. If i click on "Gmail" for example, it tells me that Gmail needs Google Services, but Google Services is not supported by my device. When I click on Facebook, it says "app not installed'. Is anyone else having this issue? How did you solve it? I cannot even use Chrome, and I cannot try to re-download anything because my phone does not have Google Play anymore.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: After upgrading to 6.0, I have no Google Services. Google Play was uninstalled and many of my apps do not work/are not there anymore.
Snn5
Legend

You need to factory reset your phone.  You have too many issues for a simple cache clean to work.

Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) - LG G3 | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: After upgrading to 6.0, I have no Google Services. Google Play was uninstalled and many of my apps do not work/are not there anymore.
Snn5
Legend

You need to factory reset your phone.  You have too many issues for a simple cache clean to work.

Perform a Factory Data Reset (Device Powered Off) - LG G3 | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
SouthGaDAwg74
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you try just restarting your phone after the update? Mine was doing this very same thing and I simply restarted it and it reloaded all of the android apps and Facebook and is back to normal

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keedo,

This isn’t what we want to hear about at all. Software updates are supposed to make your phone better, not cause issues. Let’s roll up  our sleeves to get this resolved. Thank you to the Snn5 & to SouthGaDAwg74 for their helpful suggestions. Were you able to turn your phone completely off & then back on? What make & model phone do you have?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
shadowwar

Same issues here most of my apps i have installed are now gone. Google Play services, Amazon apps crashing. Netflix not installed. Even some verizon apps.

Ton of green android icons that when clicked say app isnt installed. Guess spending a lot of time reinstalling everything.

0 Likes
shadowwar

ok this is weird. Restarted my phone about 3 times and let it sit from 20 mins and now they are all back. I think it needs to reindex the apps which it does on bootup.

0 Likes
deocamb

Yes i will agree alot of google items went away, it changes the way the icons look, as in folders that where round containing other apps, the appearance is now square, the quality of the screen display has changed, to a lesser definition the LG Life Fitness, no  has it's own front page, its only a icon now, and the format of the program has completely changed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shadowwar, that is awesome that they are back up. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.  Thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless.
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes