Android Auto does not work on LG V20 with Oreo
JERSCH57

Hello – I bought a refurbished LG V20 which had a factory reset done so it was “like new” as far as the OS. It had Nougat and it worked fine with Android Auto but I then updated to Oreo and now Android Auto does not work (2017 Chevy Colorado). I did not install any 3rd party apps.

Is there a fix?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android Auto does not work on LG V20 with Oreo
bearone21
Legend

turn off blue tooth, re-boot & try pairing again.

0 Likes
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Staying safe and hands free on the road is a must. Though we do not support Android Auto, we are certainly glad to provide some steps to assist. When attempting the pairing do you receive any specific error message? Since this began, have you cleared the application cache for Android Auto by going to the Apps, Settings, Application Manager, Android Auto, Storage, Clear Cache and Data? Also, under permissions, is everything enabled?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JERSCH57

Hello, First - Tuning off blue tooth, re-boot & try pairing again does not fix the issue.

Second - Clearing cache and data for Android Auto did not fix the issue and it does have all permissions enabled.

With that said I plugged the phone into a different USB port on my truck and Android Auto worked so I then grabbed my wife phone to test the original USB port as I thought it was a bad port but her Galaxy s6 on Nougat worked fine (and again my V20 worked fine when it was on Nougat). So I don't know whats going on but its working from another USB port (maybe an issue with USB 3 or USB 2 within the Oreo OS?).

Thanks for the replies!

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I appreciate you keeping us posted. I apologize that the suggested we provided did not work. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the Android Auto working on the LG V20 using a different port on your truck. From the information you provided, it seems that with the recent software update, Android Auto is not working with the other USB ports. Unfortunately, this is not something we support, but you may reach out to the device manufacturer for any additional support LG Get Product Support | LG U.S.A .

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes