Any guesses on the Galaxy S4
Nate2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

On when the pre-orders will arrive in the mail? Like if you think they might come a day or two earlier than the 23rd. When I pre-ordered the Droid 3 when it came out, I received it on June 7th and it wasn't in stores until June 14th, so I got it a week early and when I took it in to get it activated, the store employees were like, "Wow, where'd you get this phone from?" since they didn't have it in stores yet so I was wondering if anyone thinks the S4 might come early too or not.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
101 Replies
kacig10

I got my tracking on Saturday. Says its shipping date was Sat 5/18 at 1143am in Memphis....Now Tuesday at 1019am, and it says its still in Memphis...ugh wtf!

0 Likes
PAUL0110

Can't wait to get this phone today!! it will be arrived at my home by 7:00pm!!!! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Jbuzzard
Enthusiast - Level 3

Like Christmas Eve, isn't it?

0 Likes
Nate2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well now they've pushed back the time on when I'll receive it. Its still tomorrow but originally it was by 4:30 PM, now it says by 7 PM. You've got to be kidding me.

0 Likes
CntryGyNSD
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mines due tomorrow by 10:30 am. Pays to work for UPS!  🙂

0 Likes
Jbuzzard
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pretty sure 7 p.m. is their default time; that's what mine says too. Of course it also says my phone is still sitting in Tennessee...

Interesting note: Got my holster, car charger, stylus and screen protector today from Amazon which also came via FedEx (which caused me considerable confusion for a bit not realizing there were TWO FedEx packages from TN *laugh*). Anyhoo, on FedEx's tracking page, it said my Amazon order would be delivered by 7 p.m. on Tuesday but it came today. Here's hoping the other one will be a day early as well. I wonder if that's deliberate to allow for various issues (trucks break down, traffic, etc.)

Guess we'll find out tomorrow. I'm sooo ready! *bounce*bounce*bounce*

0 Likes
Nate2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine is still in Memphis at the moment too. So knowing them, it probably won't be here until 7 like they say.

0 Likes
AndroidOnly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine will arrive tomorrow, 5/21.  My Droid x2 owes me nothing, it was a great phone but time to move on!

0 Likes
Jbuzzard
Enthusiast - Level 3

@MCarmer21: All of the teachers where I work have the iPhone 4s with the Otterbox Defender (save one with an iPhone 5 in a Lifelock case). I really liked the "formfitting" Lifelock, but it's exclusive for the iPhone. While I wanted the protection offered by the Defender, it added too much bulk. The Commuter would have been my second choice, but since my two biggest crimes are dropping it (I'm kind of a walking disaster area some days ) and rain/dirt/dust (we have horses so I'm outside a lot) I wasn't sure that was quite enough. The Commuter series did not have an actual droppabilty rating (I SO just made up that word *laugh*), water resistance, or the built in screen protector. Trident did.

Your are absolutely right though; I don't really see any way outside of buying and using a case to help you know for sure if it's the one you really want. Looks like I'll find out how good it is the old fashioned way (trial and error *grin*).

Here's a review I came across for the Trident (and since it's from a couple of years ago, you have to figure they've probably made some improvements since then, right?)

http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/10/14/review-trident-cyclops-case-for-the-htc-evo/

@Nate2008: When I called the 800 number for FedEx, they said mine would be here Tuesday too (DH ordered in on the 13th). I tried to have it held at the facility so I could just go by and pick it up right after work, but apparently that's not an option for this shipment (and how weird is that?) Means I'll have to wait until the driver completes his route Tuesday night and returns to the FedEx facility before I can finally go get it. Meh.

0 Likes
BCHARMER
Enthusiast - Level 2

My pre-order on S4 shipped 5-18  ....arrives Tues........Yeeeehaaaa

0 Likes
Nate2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems like everyone that pre-ordered theirs before like May 13th shipped out yesterday and will arrive Tuesday, although I was kinda hoping that even though packages aren't delivered on Sundays, that they'd at least possibly move my phone to a closer facility today and maybe get it tomorrow but nothing has changed on what facility its at, still at the same one.

0 Likes
Jbuzzard
Enthusiast - Level 3

@ Nate2008 - the VZW rep that waited on DH and processed the pre-order told him that the phone would be shipped via overnight delivery. Interestingly enough, my email shipment notice said the phone was shipped yesterday and would be here Wednesday. I'm not very good in math, but I'm thinking that's a little more than one night. 

@MCarmer21 - It's very possible that your Otterbox is being drop-shipped from the manufacturer. FWIW: I pre-ordered the Trident Cyclops case for mine, which isn't available yet (like a cross between the between the Defender and the Commuter on Otterbox). Since I won't get that one until mid-June (and my husband laughed like a loon when I said I'd wait until then to use the phone - so totally busted *grin*) I ordered a "get by" case for $5.99 and a screen protector from Amazon until my "real" case gets here. Amazon will ship overnight (no idea how much), but you could probably still get a case before your phone arrives (or at the same time). Just a thought...

0 Likes
Nate2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, Wednesday is just a little longer than overnight . My email shipment notification says it was shipped yesterday also and will arrive to me on Tuesday by 4:30 PM it says at the moment.

0 Likes
MCarmer21

I knew i wasn't alone with not wanting to use the phone till i get the case and at minimum screen protector.  You pay so much for phones these days why chance damaging/scratching them up.  I want mine to last as long as possible, dont wanna have to repair it due to a accidental wedding ring contact or something in my pocket or car scraped it by accident.

I did stop by the Verizon store i ordered it all from and the clerk looked everything up and ASSURES me that the case and screen protector will be in the same package as the phone, he stated the phone and sim card have serial numbers so they were reported as item contents on the package shipment.

If i get it and its not in there ill take a trip up there to the store and see one of the people there and im sure they will make it right.  My experiences at the VZ store in town are mixed, maybe they fired all the rude/bad employees i dont know, today seemed like a different atmosphere in there.

I looked up the Trident Case your talking about, but not sure of the quality, Id really like to get my hands on it to feel how solid it feels before purchasing it, it maybe a purchase later if i get burned out on the White on white theme i got going.  I do like my otterbox cases ive had them on last 4 phones i owned used to use the Defender but switched to commuters as the phones grew in size.

Ill post the results of the case if its there or not, so others know what they could expect with their orders.

0 Likes
dustyjerran
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone just got shipped and said it will be here on tuesday

0 Likes
Nate2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine shipped today too and will also be here Tuesday! Unfortunately not overnight like JBuzzard had mentioned but I'll still take 2 Day shipping as long as I get it before stores.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Nate2008,

That's awesome that you ordered the Samsung Galaxy S4.  If it is anything like the S3, I know that you won't be disappointed.

You can view the status of your order by visiting this link,http://bit.ly/RjmCUB.  You'll also be sent a tracking number to your e-mail address once the order has been shipped.

I can't wait for you to receive the device.  You'll have to let us know how you like it when you receive it.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

MCarmer21

Ok so i ordered a Otterbox commuter case with my S4 White frost colored phone.  I received a email today stating that the PHONE and SIM CARD shipped.  Wont be here till Wednesday which is a BIG BIG DISSAPPOINTMENT.

ANOTHER BIG BI"G BIG BIG DISSAPPOINTMENT IS the fact that the CASE & SCREEN PROTECTOR I ORDERED did not ship WITH THE PHONE.

So i wont have a screen protector, case or anything when i get my phone.

I DO NOT want to use my phone without a screen protector at MINIMUM.  So can customer service let me know what the heck they are thinking by NOT shipping the cases with the phone??

They offer them to you and tell you they will come with the phone, I could have went and bought one from ANY store rather than having to go without a case and screen protector for who knows how long. 

I am very very heated and want some kind of answers/resolution to this.  DO NOT OFFER ACCESSORIES IF YOU CANT PROVIDE THEM WITH THE PHONES!

If i have to waste my time to go to the store and physically get a screen protector and case from them, they can keep the ones they neglected to ship to me.  Or refund me the money took for them.  I will be severly angry if Verizon doesnt have a solution for this.

0 Likes
chris_k1
Enthusiast - Level 3

So let me get this straight... you're "very very heated" because Verizon is shipping your phone a full week and a half before the originally promised time, and all of your accessories aren't also going to be ready early?

Is this for real?

This kind of post irks me because it distracts from the REAL problems.  Maybe I'm missing something, or you neglected to include some important information, but it sounds like you're complaining because things are moving more quickly than initially planned, but it's not good enough for you.

CntryGyNSD
Enthusiast - Level 3

LOL, you seem pretty angry!  Good news looks like you are getting your phone before the 23rd! I ordered my case separately (not from Verizon) and got it last week. It has been patiently waiting on my desk at work for my phone to arrive. I believe the preorder phones are shipped from a separate location from the accessories.

On a side note my order status changed to shipped on Friday and I have a UPS tracking number (I work for UPS) but it comes up invalid on the tracking site. I'm guessing it didn't really ship on Friday but rather today since my account is hard coded UPS Next Day.  I haven't received the email from Verizon either. Bet I'll get it today.  Can't wait.

0 Likes
BCHARMER
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told that the screen protector does not play well with the hand motion sensor on phone....keep me posted please

0 Likes