Any guesses on the Galaxy S4
Nate2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

On when the pre-orders will arrive in the mail? Like if you think they might come a day or two earlier than the 23rd. When I pre-ordered the Droid 3 when it came out, I received it on June 7th and it wasn't in stores until June 14th, so I got it a week early and when I took it in to get it activated, the store employees were like, "Wow, where'd you get this phone from?" since they didn't have it in stores yet so I was wondering if anyone thinks the S4 might come early too or not.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
101 Replies
Jbuzzard
Enthusiast - Level 3

It did say future delivery requested; I'd wondered about that. I feel silly getting so excited over a phone, but at the same time I know I'm not the only one who's been bouncing off the walls in Preorderville Smiley Happy. First time I've ever been on the "cutting edge", technologically speaking (figure I'd better make the most of it, as it will probably never happen again *laugh*). The real joke is my dad, who is pushing 80, has an iPhone 5. This morning I told him to enjoy his "coolness" rating for another few hours, then I'd trump him (and his little phone, too ).

Thanks for the congrats - she made Dean's List and everything - we were very proud of her!

Jbuzzard
Enthusiast - Level 3

I forgot to add that it was picked up at 3 something.

0 Likes
Nate2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

I found out that if you turn the vibration on when it rings, that it messes with it somehow and won't pick up you saying "Answer". I turned vibration off and called my phone from another and it worked that time. And the screen capturing is a little confusing on how to get it to work at first. There's two ways to do it, pressing the lock and home buttons at the same time or if you want to use the swiping way, you actually have to put the side of your hand against the screen and slide it across. I was sliding above it like in the air and it wouldn't work for nothing but putting my hand against the screen makes it work.

But mine was 2 day shipping also and coming from Memphis and yesterday morning, they flew it in from Memphis and it got in my city an hour after it left there but then I had to wait for the delivery truck.

AndroidOnly
Enthusiast - Level 2

Question - I had a Droid x2 for a long time so Jelly Bean is new to me.  Is the 4GLTE icon at the top supposed to stay on when you are connected to a wireless network?  My Droid x2 the cellular indicator used to go off when connected.  I don't see the up/down arrows for LTE doing anything when I surf.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

AndroidOnly wrote:

Question - I had a Droid x2 for a long time so Jelly Bean is new to me.  Is the 4GLTE icon at the top supposed to stay on when you are connected to a wireless network?  My Droid x2 the cellular indicator used to go off when connected.  I don't see the up/down arrows for LTE doing anything when I surf.

on my note ii, the up down arrows under the 4g turn orange and green and flash on and off when i'm using the cellular network.

0 Likes
slimahz

After several runarounds with Fedex and Verizon and continuous changing of delivery dates Fedex confirmed that Verizon told them not to deliver package today but to wait until tomorrow! Really Verizon!

0 Likes
Nate2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been using mine for the past few hours, I've learned how to do most of the things on it from watching a tutorial video but I can't seem to get it to scroll up and down when I'm looking at the screen.

0 Likes
dustyjerran
Enthusiast - Level 2

weird thing is  is that my internet still works on the old phone using 3g but i cant make phone calls that would be awesome if it kept working cause i have it set up for gps and what not and will still use it for that

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

dustyjerran wrote:

weird thing is  is that my internet still works on the old phone using 3g but i cant make phone calls that would be awesome if it kept working cause i have it set up for gps and what not and will still use it for that

are you sure you weren't connected via wifi? if you activated the new one on the same line, the old one will deactivate.

0 Likes
dustyjerran
Enthusiast - Level 2

y i am sure i am still using it i have uploaded to dropbox and it keeps getting my emails in on 3g service

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

dustyjerran wrote:

y i am sure i am still using it i have uploaded to dropbox and it keeps getting my emails in on 3g service

i wouldn't let that go on too long, just in case they bill you for 2 data plans. if your using data on 2 devices, i would think that they could do that.

0 Likes
slimahz

After several runarounds with Fedex and Verizon and continuous changing of delivery dates Fedex confirmed that Verizon told them not to deliver package today but to wait until tomorrow! Really Verizon!

0 Likes
chris_k1
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's got to be what happened to mine. It has been at the local facility since this morning with no movement.

0 Likes
Nate2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hmm, I turned my old phone off already so I didn't notice if it worked on my old one too.

0 Likes
kacig10

Just talked to my local verizon store, they said they cant be activated until Thursday, hopefully thats not true!

0 Likes
dustyjerran
Enthusiast - Level 2

i just activated mine and everything is working

0 Likes
Nate2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same, I called a number and activated mine and it works.

0 Likes
dustyjerran
Enthusiast - Level 2

mine just go delivered and i am in Utah and it showed being in MEMPHIS, TN  this morning so i think there computer systems are behind. however i am still at work so i cant try it out yet

0 Likes
loux

I'm in Pennsylvania and mine showed in PA on Saturday then Memphis on Monday and back to PA today.  But tracking information was fairly up to date.  This morning it showed in PA and then out for delivery later in the morning.  I tried to turn it on but when I turn it on it says "activating device" and I don't want to activate it until I can transfer my contacts - which I'm hoping I will be able to do tomorrow.

0 Likes
Ryan_Williams
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Chicago and my phone has been in Memphis since Saturday, bouncing from one warehouse to another.  I can only guess that Verizon is staging pallets of phones to be distributed to regions when they give the ship order, and that all the multiple "left/arrived at FedEx facility" notifications indicate that the phone is being palletized and moved between truck, rail, etc.

Strangely, even though I am only 8 hours from Memphis by car, my estimated delivery date is Wednesday, 5/22 at 4:30. I wonder where the people with Tuesday ship dates live? Usually living in Chicago means I get everything a day early, and my order is listed as "FedEx 2Day." Since it was picked up Saturday, I would assume two business days would be Tuesday.

I'd be interested to hear follow-up from people re: where they are, what their ship date says and when they receive it.

Yeah right, who am I kidding. when I get that phone I'm going to fall so far off the grid for about 3 hours I won't even remember I wrote this.

0 Likes
Nate2008
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live in the southern part of Illinois and I just got mine about 5 minutes ago. And if that's true it can't be activated on their website yet then I'll go to a Verizon store if I have to.

0 Likes