Apps keep shutting down. Chrome won't update.
Radio_Escondido

Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G. Certain apps keep shutting down. Re-installing only works temporarily. I see other threads where people fixed the problem by updated Chrome. I tried to update and it just keeps saying 'Pending' and I'm getting the spinning symbol. 

0 Likes
Re: Apps keep shutting down. Chrome won't update.
Radio_Escondido

Okay, so updating all Android apps worked for me. Someone else posted this link but here is is again. Definitely try this if your apps are shutting down. 

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113412

0 Likes
goob6266

If you keep seeing "pending"  and the spinning circle, take a look at how your apps update.  Check how your phone is set up for updates.  Mine was set to update over Wi-Fi only.  Go into the play store click "settings" and then "App download preference".  You can select 1.  Over any network, 2. Over Wi-Fi only or 3. Ask me every time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Radio_Escondido. We're very sorry that this issue with applications closing on their own is happening. We definitely want to make sure that this is resolved permanently. Google has recognized this as a known issue with Android devices. The resolution that they have found is to visit the Google Play Store app, search Android System WebView, select the "Update" option, repeat the steps for Google Chrome, and power your deice off and back on. How long has your Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G device been showing that its update for Google Chrome has been pending? Have you been able to update Android System WebView okay? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Excellent. We're very happy to hear that updating all of your Android apps has resolved this, Radio_Escondido. Is there anything else we can assist with today? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes