Bad luck with my Droid DNA.
mbraga92

Im reaching out to the forums because I dont know what else to do here. I woke up this morning and found my DNA corrupted. My phone turns on, loads the HTC screen, restarts and repeats. I contacted customer support, and tried the factory reset and it did nothing at all. I got in touch with the supervisor on the phone and she gave me a few options that arent exactly the ideal options. 1st option - get a different DNA. 2. Contact HTC and have them fix the issue. 3. Offer me a Droid Razr. 4. Offer me a Droid Razr HD. For one, I dont want another DNA. This is the 5th replacement of a DNA that i have gotten because of issues with charging, freezing, audio jack not working, and now this. Im all set. Ive lost out on a job opportunity because of the phone freezing and I missed the call. I cant have peace of mind with this DNA if its going to work tommorow or not. Second, i called HTC myself and they said i would have to ship my phone to them, have them fix it, and then they ship it back to me. Meanwhile, im paying for the service without even being able to use it. So no. Third and fourth, i dont like the Razr. It doesnt suit me, i dont like the interface, i dont like its shape, it just looks cheap to me (no offense to anyone who likes these phones). I feel as if these options arent exactly the best. I feel like im forced to either keep a phone known to give me many issues or give me a phone that im not even going to like and enjoy. Im going to be paying a month bill so why cant I be able to enjoy my phone aswell? I've contacted the president of Verizon in my area and waiting for an email back from her. I hope this issue gets resolved. I have 18 months left on my contract which totals about 1400$ a line. Two lines equals 2800$ and paying a 700$ cancellation fee would be no problem for me since i've been getting duds for phones. Doesnt take a business degree to figure out who loses out on that deal. Im reaching out for help. Can ANYONE help me? Anyone at all? If theres no luck from anyone here or the an email from the president within 24 hours i have no choice but to cancel my contract considering im not going to pay for a service in which a provider cant even compromise for a phone to provide the service for.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bad luck with my Droid DNA.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mbraga92,

I'm sorry to see that you are experiencing so many issues with your DNA device! The issues outlined in your post are commonly caused by third party applications conflicts, I can relate to these issues as I have experienced them myself with other devices. First I would recommend removing all third party applications and test. If issues continue, do a factory reset http://bit.ly/WOhhsK and test for a couple of days without any third party applications installed, then install your applications one at a time and test for a few hours before the next install to identify the culprit. Once you identify the conflicting application remove it for good. You are a valued customer and we do not want to see you go anywhere! Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Bad luck with my Droid DNA.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mbraga92,

I'm sorry to see that you are experiencing so many issues with your DNA device! The issues outlined in your post are commonly caused by third party applications conflicts, I can relate to these issues as I have experienced them myself with other devices. First I would recommend removing all third party applications and test. If issues continue, do a factory reset http://bit.ly/WOhhsK and test for a couple of days without any third party applications installed, then install your applications one at a time and test for a few hours before the next install to identify the culprit. Once you identify the conflicting application remove it for good. You are a valued customer and we do not want to see you go anywhere! Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes