Best Antenna?
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

Talking to a tech support person a few days back. I original had the thunderbolt and then swapped to my husbands droid X2. 

Anywho, he told me Motorola has the best internal antenna. Is this true?? I know HTC sucks, and not just on the thunderbolt. A friend's HTC phone sucks where we live as well. 

How does Samsung hold up?? I'm thinking about getting the new Razr or holding off until the Galaxy Nexus. 

Which would be better??

I don't live in 4g Only 3g area., I know I will have to turn the 4g off on the phone. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Best Antenna?
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Motorola is what I've heard also.  Samsung is generally known for weaker cell and wifi radios.  Of the 3 android devices I've had (OG Motorola Droid, Samsung Fascinate and HTC Thunderbolt), I'd probably rate the Droid at the top for for signal strength and call quality. Thunderbolt and Fascinate were about equal.  As for choosing the Razr or GNexus, that's a hard one.  The Razr build quality will be better but you have to deal with Motorola's Blur UI, delayed updates and no user-replaceable battery which would be a huge dealbreaker for anyone who usually goes for an extended battery.   The Nexus will have the latest OS and updates directly from google (both a pro and con in that you'll get updates quick but also bugs associated with newer releases).  Big downside for some is that while it has a removable battery, it doesn't have an sdcard.  You're stuck with whatever size device you buy similar to the iPhone. 

0 Likes
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

So then how would you do a hard reset on the Razr? You can't pull the battery???

Ugh, Guess Im waiting on something else to come out then! Had the thunderbolt, the biggest {word filter avoidance}
. Swapped to my hubbys Droid X2, and I don't like the phone itself... I loved my TB when it would work correctly.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2
From the Razr User Manual

Crash recovery In the unlikely event that your smartphone stops responding to touches and key presses, try a forced reboot—press and hold both Power and the down volume key for 10 second

0 Likes
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

Awesome. thanks for that! 

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1

Antennas and reception are completely dependent on where you live. I switched from the Samsung Fascinate to the HTC Incredible2 and get much better reception with the HTC then the Fascinate which is strange because the HTC INC2 is well known to have awful reception issues. You'll just have to try different phones and find one that works well in your area.

0 Likes
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

What do you do? Just get a phone, well I don't like how it works. So now send me this one??? And yes, I'm actually being serious here lol.. Does each phone get 14 days to try it? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Kyla1234 wrote:

What do you do? Just get a phone, well I don't like how it works. So now send me this one??? And yes, I'm actually being serious here lol.. Does each phone get 14 days to try it? 

I can only suggest reading the return policy. http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/globalText?textName=RETURN_POLICY&jspName=footer/returnPolicy.jsp

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes