Bloatware Apps
Weezy1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I'm not to sure why the phone carriers put apps on devices and fix it so they can't be deleted. But on my Droid RAZR MAXX HD I have all these Amazon apps and movie information apps & music streaming apps. But these are all on my phone I have no use for any of them  I've never opened them or anything but their all running in the background of my phone using up memory, storage, battery and my processor. But the only option I have is the delete the updates on them but that just frees up a little bit of storage cuz the phone just re-downloads the updates a couple days later. Since the devices belong to us we buy them I really wish they wouldn't put locks like that on things, I should have the choice to do what I want with my property.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bloatware Apps
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Uninstall any updates to the applications and DISABLE them. Also turn off the notifications for those applications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Weezy1121 wrote:

So I'm not to sure why the phone carriers put apps on devices and fix it so they can't be deleted. But on my Droid RAZR MAXX HD I have all these Amazon apps and movie information apps & music streaming apps. But these are all on my phone I have no use for any of them  I've never opened them or anything but their all running in the background of my phone using up memory, storage, battery and my processor. But the only option I have is the delete the updates on them but that just frees up a little bit of storage cuz the phone just re-downloads the updates a couple days later. Since the devices belong to us we buy them I really wish they wouldn't put locks like that on things, I should have the choice to do what I want with my property.

Because the app makers pay carriers to do this and if they didn't your phone would probably cost a lot more. I guess Verizon should have an option where you can pay $20( or whatever they receive ) extra to not have the bloatware.

0 Likes
Weezy1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've done all of that it still re downloads the updates and turns the apps back on it the background. I'v stopped them and unchecked the notifications a few times does no good.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Weezy1121 wrote:

I've done all of that it still re downloads the updates and turns the apps back on it the background. I'v stopped them and unchecked the notifications a few times does no good.

If you have actually disabled the apps they wouldn't be updated so obviously you didn't disable them. While you deleting any updated and disabling them also make sure if they are running to stop or force stop them.

0 Likes
Weezy1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok what am I doing wrong then?

I go to settings, APPS, scroll down to the app and click on it, then click uninstall updates click yes or ok that yes I want to delete the updates and put the app back to stock, then I take the check mark out of show notifications, then I click force stop.

I've also went to apps, swiped over to running clicked the app and clicked all the stop options

What am I not doing right? It seams like it stays off until I reboot the phone or something. but if thats not how you do it please let me know?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Weezy1121 wrote:

I go to settings, APPS, scroll down to the app and click on it, then click uninstall updates click yes or ok that yes I want to delete the updates and put the app back to stock, then I take the check mark out of show notifications, then I click force stop.

I've also went to apps, swiped over to running clicked the app and clicked all the stop options

What am I not doing right? It seams like it stays off until I reboot the phone or something. but if thats not how you do it please let me know?

Post a screenshot of one of those applications after you have done all that.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Weezy1121 wrote:

From what you wrote, it appears that you left out the most important step ... disabling the app.  You need to uncheck Show Notifications, Clear Data, Clear Cache, then Force Stop.  Then Uninstall Updates; once you click the Uninstall Updates button, it should change to either a Disable or a Turn Off button, depending on your OS ... press Disable/Turn Off.

0 Likes
Weezy1121
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well finally I don't have to worry about them any more their completely off my phone and my phone is still 100% stock. Just found a way to delete them with out doing anything to my phone..

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Care to share with the rest of the community how you deleated all your apps.

Thank you

0 Likes