Bloatware
TurboKM

There are several apps installed on my new Droid Turbo "from the factory".  How do I find out what all these things are for, what they do and how to uninstall them if I don't need/want them?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bloatware
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns regarding preinstalled applications turboKM! Preinstalled applications cannot be removed, and some of those applications are essential for your phone performance. While preinstalled applications cannot be removed from your device, you can certaily disable them. Please visit this link http://spr.ly/6587h2N9 for instructions.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns regarding preinstalled applications turboKM! Preinstalled applications cannot be removed, and some of those applications are essential for your phone performance. While preinstalled applications cannot be removed from your device, you can certaily disable them. Please visit this link http://spr.ly/6587h2N9 for instructions.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TurboKM

That link doesn't explain what the pre-installed apps do or how they interact.  Is that available somewhere?  I don't want to break my phone, just streamline it.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Probably the best way to find out what an app is would be to search the Play Store for it.  Some apps, though preinstalled, are updated through the Play Store, and you would be able to find a description there.  If unistalling it is an option, you will see a button there to do so.