Re: Bluetooth and Wi-fi issues after G3 update to Lollipop
ggnmg3703
Contributor - Level 1

Yep, as I stated in another post...Verizon does not care nor does LG care for its customers.  The issues being reported here are known issues that were reported on several other devices well before the LG G3 got the update.  Meaning if Verizon or LG did just 5 seconds of research they would have seen they needed to wait for 5.1. But, they do not care and only want our money.  I am also in the market for a new carrier and I am thinking about jumping ship from Android all together.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ggnmg3703, we definitely don't want you to jump ship and sail on without us. Its important that you know that we do care. Click http://vz.to/148s9vw to access the troubleshooting guide for the LG G3. We're here to assist you, as well.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
kspeakmon
Enthusiast - Level 2

The users on here are obviously more advanced than the normal user.  The troubleshooting that I have done thus far is far more extensive than any "documentation" you can/have provided us.  I will be considering an Iphone or a pure nexus device in the future to ensure timely updates. 

cristijane6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not done the system update. Keep putting it off.

0 Likes
RonEMc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recommend you do not do the update. Many issues that remain unresolved.

V10Ace

Reverting back to 4.4.2 was the only way to fix the bluetooth stutter for me. Wonder how much these Verizon reps get paid to simply keep tossing the "troubleshooting guide" at advanced users.

0 Likes
ggnmg3703
Contributor - Level 1

Based on my recent experience ... I have to strongly disagree that verizon cares for their customers.  I have done all the steps possible to assist with this horrible update.  Notice I stated ...assist...because the only true fix is for 5.1 to be released.  Or, use a customer ROM, but I don't want to take the chance to brick my device.  However, my hopes that 5.1 will correct everything is very slim at this point.  All Verizon wants to do is point complete blame at LG and offer useless workarounds.  Such a waste!!!

0 Likes
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

I'm still laughing at the CS reps who want you to go into recovery mode, but can't tell you how to do it. Then you have to explain which buttons to push.

I love how if your phone will connect to their data, and send texts thats good enough for them.

My phone won't connect to wifi stably, bluetooth, or the computer. But hey my phones perfectly fine right? According to Verizon yes totally what you paid for.

I'll be excited when the contracts end on our 7 lines.

Tmobile had issues yes, but they never left us with a device we paid for being not even remotely usuable as advertised.

0 Likes
ggnmg3703
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon wants to market smartphones and they try to be the leader, but when something such as this happens they duck behind excuse after excuse.  They do not want to take ownership nor do they want to do anything more than take our money.  As I told a Verizon supervisor already...They need to get out of the smartphone market if they are going to treat their customers this way and act like a five year old and blame another company.  Yes, Google made a broken update.  Yes, LG made a decision to push the update to the devices.  But, Verizon also stupidly allowed the update to go out because they apparently do not understand the process nor could they take 5 seconds to do a web search of all the issues reported months ago.  I pay Verizon monthly to be their customer directly....I am only a Google and LG customer indirectly.  If they only care about "phone" services then why do I have to pay the smartphone price and have to pay for data.  Oh well.....still deciding what carrier I will go to and seriously considering switching to a dumb phone.

kspeakmon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was under the impression that Verizon was going through rigorous testing of the 5.0 update by how long it was taking to release it.  That was not the case however. 

Yes, the only way to fix the bluetooth stutter is to revert back to 4.4.2.  Sadly, my battery life thus far has improved and the UI is much faster on 5.0.  Luckily i don't have any wifi issues aside from not getting some notifications over wifi and I don't have any slow charging or battery drain issues.  So I'm having an auxiliary cord installed to deal with the stutter. This is a huge inconvenience though since i have to remove the after market radio and install it in the back and route it through my glove box.

Interesting enough, the bluetooth stutter only occurs in my car and not through my bluetooth headphones.