Breakout getting really weird calls
CandiMisaxx

So this has been going on for a good 6 months now. I will get random calls from phone numbers with local area codes. I'll answer and not a soul is on the other end. When I hang up I think nothing of it... until xamount of time later the number calls back and there IS a person on the other line wanting to know why I called THEM.

I never called them.
Phone said they called me.
But their phone said I called them.

Verizon chalked it up to my other Breakout and sent me a new one. Guess what? 15 minutes ago I got three calls back to back doing the same thing, and the owner to one of them has called and wanted to know (in a very cross way) why I was calling him at 1am.

What is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Breakout getting really weird calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those calls are never fun, CandiMisaxx! Spoofing is a technique that allows a caller to change the caller identification associated with their number.

Spoofing is not caused by an error on our network or your phone. Rather spoofing usually happens when the calling party uses any one of a number of pay services (such as Spooftel, Spoofer, and Spoof Card), which provide a service that enables the calling party to change the message, sent as Caller ID. If this becomes harassment, I recommend a phone number change. Log on www.verizonwireless.com and click on, "Change number".

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Could be a. 'Friend', playing a joke on you. There are apps that can make a call from another number look like it came from you to the receiver of the call.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those calls are never fun, CandiMisaxx! Spoofing is a technique that allows a caller to change the caller identification associated with their number.

Spoofing is not caused by an error on our network or your phone. Rather spoofing usually happens when the calling party uses any one of a number of pay services (such as Spooftel, Spoofer, and Spoof Card), which provide a service that enables the calling party to change the message, sent as Caller ID. If this becomes harassment, I recommend a phone number change. Log on www.verizonwireless.com and click on, "Change number".

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes