CALL FORWARDING -- ringer volume drops
etch2
Enthusiast - Level 3

VERIZON Samsung S5.. I have call forwarding from my home land line (COMCAST) to my cell. When a call is forwarded, the ringer volume on the cell drops to almost nothing and more often than not, can't be heard..

When the cell is called directly, the ringer volume stays where I have it set, at MAX

Any ideas? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: CALL FORWARDING -- ringer volume drops
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
etch2,

That certainly shouldn't be the case. All calls should work great no matter how they come in. Does this happen with all calls from forwarding? Does the volume on the phone show it is all the way up still when this happens? Did this just start recently or has it always happened?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
etch2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, it happens with all forwarded calls.

It has been going on for sometime (?), I just narrowed down the problem yesterday. When a friend called the 'home' number, I was sitting next to each phone. Could hardly hear to cell. I checked the volume on the cell and it was almost "0". I reset to "MAX", had them call again. Checked the cell and again the volume level was way down. I rest the volume to MAX again, they called the cell directly. LOAD and clear was the ringer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We're glad you were able to narrow down the issue. Have you tried to disable call forwarding and set it up again and retest?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
etch2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Calling the phone directly I would consider the same as disabling call forwarding (?) Am I wrong in my thinking?

>> Personal information and e-mail reply/headers removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
etch2
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I get the default VERIZON/Samsung s5 ringtones back on my phone?  I have ZEDGE ringtones installed and need to start from square 1?

Thank you

>> Personal information and e-mail reply/headers removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
etch2
Enthusiast - Level 3

here's what I have found..(at least for now).

VOLUME OK (MAX) if I have VIBRATE turned ON

Testing More... stay tuned.

0 Likes
etch2
Enthusiast - Level 3

UPDATE... all was working well until the other day.. Somehow VIBRATE 'when ringing' got turned off  and the volume of the ring on incoming calls went to ZERO after the 1st ring!!!  Enabled VIBRATE again,  ring volume stays at MAX on incoming calls.

Never ceases to surprise me how things get disabled (or enabled) without the customer seemingly doing anything. All I have done recently was to move some things to the SD card.

0 Likes