Can't get voicemail to pick up.
chemom

Basic Voicemail on my Galaxy S5 will not pick up.  It is set up, because I can dial *86 and that works, but when I try calling my cell from my house phone, it rings and rings, and then says "your call cannot be completed at this time" and hangs up.  How do I get voicemail to pick up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't get voicemail to pick up.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is call forwarding set up on your cell phone?  Press *73, wait for the tones, then hang up - this will cancel any call forwarding that may have been set up inadvertently, or purposely.  See if it connects to VM after that.

If that doesn't work, I suggest calling Customer Service (option 4 for "Other", then say the word "agent" when prompted; see if the rep can reset your voicemail, or at least check it from their end to ensure it is properly activated and set up.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is call forwarding set up on your cell phone?  Press *73, wait for the tones, then hang up - this will cancel any call forwarding that may have been set up inadvertently, or purposely.  See if it connects to VM after that.

If that doesn't work, I suggest calling Customer Service (option 4 for "Other", then say the word "agent" when prompted; see if the rep can reset your voicemail, or at least check it from their end to ensure it is properly activated and set up.

chemom

THANK YOU!  That fixed it.  So simple, wish I had thought of that. 

0 Likes
robindearmon
Enthusiast - Level 1

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I have been going nuts trying to fix this! Several calls to Verizon, several chats with tech support.  I even upgraded my phone because I thought it was my phone messing up. YOU....ARE....A....GEM!!!!!

0 Likes