Chrome opens when phone is unlocked
madmax1213
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 (SM-G960U) (Android version 9 and system version G960USQS7CSK5) and over the past few months it opens my Chrome browser when I unlock my phone. It isn't every time, but it's enough to be annoying! I have installed Malwarebytes and an Adblocker to see if I can stop this behavior, but those have not been helpful. It opens to my Google search page (sometimes) but it mostly opens to a "my-news.top". It does have some Russian text on the page, but it is in English and looks like a typical "click bait" page. But I cannot get rid of it. I'm used to being the person people come to for Tech Support, not being the one in need of help! I really don't want to Nuke my phone (factory reset) to stop this. Any assistance will be appreciated!!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Chrome opens when phone is unlocked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, madmax1213. We are very sorry to hear about this sudden pages issue that comes up when you unlock your Samsung Galaxy S9. We will be more than happy to go through some steps to make sure that it is opening correctly when you unlock it. How long has this been happening? How often would you say that the page comes up that shows your Google Search? Since these issues began, have you visited your Google Chrome app, select the menu icon in the upper-right-hand corner which is three vertical dots, History, and select Clear Browsing Data? This can help with your Chrome application behaving in this fashion. BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
madmax1213
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, but that did not help the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's continue to work together. What changes (updates, downloads, etc.) have you made to your device prior to this concern? Has your device been exposed to any physical/water damage? Is your device up to date with the software? Are you experiencing the same issue if you restart your device in Safe Mode https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216817/?

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes