Re: Constant wifi calling notification
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello VALJOH39,

I want to make sure we take all of your concern as priority one. I see you asked if you were to cancel would you be subject to whatever you agreed to with terms and conditions. I wanted to ask if you could clarify more on what are you asking when you say canceling? I know the system update has been troublesome to you, I want to make sure you feel more comfortable with it.

Veronica_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
VALJOH39
Enthusiast - Level 3

I cannot reproduce it now, but to the best of my recollection I clicked on the notification; I agreed to the terms of service; it asked me for an address for ?e911? and I chose ā€œcancelā€. Now, since I agreed to the terms of service, am I now bound to those terms even ā€˜tho I stopped the process? I donā€™t suppose that there are any different terms than the usual ones I have already been forced to agree to, but since itā€™s asking I have to assume that there just might be something more invasive in these terms? BTW, getting to this thread is unnecessarily difficult. Not only that, since you have marked it as answered there is no box for reply/post.

Teresa689
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I am using my cell phone, I am not at my home address.  That info would only delay 911.  Makes NO sense to have my "911 address".  If I am using a "hot spot"  again, not useful for 911.  And I wouldn't know the specific address. 

0 Likes
Teresa689
Enthusiast - Level 1

We appreciate the details. Having the latest update on your phone is recommended for optimal performance. Please go into settings >> apps >> WiFi Calling >> Notifications to remove all notifications from WiFi calling. For system apps: Go to settings >> apps >> tap the three dots on the top right >> select Show System Apps.  Monica_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

[Please go into settings >> apps >> WiFi Calling >> Notifications to remove all notifications from WiFi calling]

This is NOT in my apps.  I did a search and got "no results" for WiFi calling.

I tapped the three dots. System apps.   Went in and found "Force Stop".    Notifications are still allowed and if I tap that, it goes to "Sound and pop-up on screen" which is already off.  There does not appear to be an option to turn off notifications.  Not cool.  Not customer friendly at all.

I am hoping that the force stop will stop it.  Extremely annoying and I end up using Airplane mode which is unacceptable as I then don't receive messages.

I also noticed that it says it's used 10MB/3.0 GB used on average in last 3 hours.   This is a problem.  I am NOT on the phone that much.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to be sure that you have the information that you need with regards to WiFi Calling, Teresa689. When using WiFi Calling, an address needs to be entered for 911 purposes in a situation where you are unable to provide your location to the 911 operator and to route your call correctly. This will come into play when cellular service is not available because your phone will revert to cellular service for calls when available. So in the example provided, if you are at a public WiFi hotspot that's in a service area and you have to call 911, your phone will revert to cellular for the call. The 911 address entered for WiFi calling will not matter, cellular towers will be able to find your location if you are unable to relay these details to the operator.

Please use the following link to review additional information regarding WiFi Calling: http://vz.to/2pY7Azy . Check out #5 under Wi-Fi Calling Setup and Use for additional details about connecting to cellular. In addition, #1 and #6 under Emergency Address will provide additional details regarding the WiFi 911 address. WiFi Calling uses a very small amount of data when in use. Check out #3 under Pricing for additional details. Does this help clarify things for you?

Lauren_VZW

0 Likes
MICHAELSHAUN1934
Enthusiast - Level 1

Go to Apps, then to dots in upper right corner, system apps will scroll down, select system apps, find wi-fi calling, disable sound & notifications.

MadHatter420666
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have opened up system apps but wifi calling is not one of the options

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MadHatter420666, we want to make sure that you can enable your Wi-Fi calling ASAP.  Letā€™s go over the steps together.  What type of phone do your currently have?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
JustPlainAnnoyed
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's been a year and I was wondering if you've had any breakthroughs. My notification is ALSO pinned to my home screen and Verizon can't fix it, as they say it's a Motorola issue. If you've been able to remove this silly thing, I'd love to know your secret.

0 Likes
Grant81

The notification will continue to keep popping up even after declining. Usually at 3am waking you up. 

Go to settings

Apps

Verizon app

Disable or disable notifications

Sleep peacefully.

This also disables their annoying VZ protect auto device notifications that make google searches randomly reset and block search bars. 

0 Likes